Frustrated

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so ready to start shopping for Jellybean but DF doesn't want to buy ANYTHING until after my baby shower at the end of August. I understand his reasoning, I have a fairly large family and then with my friends I have a huge guest list nearing about 50 people an my list is still not completed, but it is so hard. I know it is crazy but this pregnancy has been super easy compared to my others, I am 14 weeks and I still am in pregnancy shock, I know there is a baby in there but I want baby stuff around the house to help make it more real.
May 31st, 2011, 05:46 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
I can relate. SO has a HUGE family and I am told that they will be having a baby shower for this baby (it is SO's first). SO wants me to wait to buy anything. Well, this is not my first baby and I am picky about a few things. I KNOW if I do not get the crib myself, that I will end up with a full sized crib. I Want a mini crib. I am not trying to sound ungrateful... I just prefer a mini crib.

I have purchased a breast pump... I figure if I see some things on a really good sale I will get them either way.

Are you cloth diapering or disposable diapers? Have you considered starting to stock up on diapers??? Newborns go through a ton of diapers. Mine went through at least 12 a day each. And it went on for weeks... and even a lot of diapers for the first few months. So I will be buying a pack/box of diapers every time I go to the store (lol like today).

Do you think your DH would let you get away with a few small items like diapers and a few bottles?
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
May 31st, 2011, 08:05 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I hope you guys can come up with a compromise--like letting you get a few special personalized items from etsy or something that you're certain other people wouldn't be getting, stocking up on necessities like PP suggested, or even just getting a few things that you want now with the agreement that if you double up at the shower you will return it and use the store credit for diapers, wipes, etc.

Chances are, with a guest list of 50, that your guest will probably end up accidently getting you some duplicate gifts, redundant gifts, or gifts that just aren't your preference, so you'll probably be making some returns anyway.

Or maybe he would be ok with you buying something for a baby project? Like scrap book stuff, baby book, fabric for bedding, yarn for a blanket, quilting squares, or even burp cloths and fabric or ribbon to sew on as embellishments?

May 31st, 2011, 08:08 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or could you do something personalized for the room? Once I decided on a name for DS, I got the letters from Hobby Lobby and chose cute scrap book paper to mod podge over them. It was a fun project and the letters on his wall look really cute. i don't think that is anything someone else would buy.

May 31st, 2011, 12:12 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My sister's DF was the same way, until he realized she'd be almost 35 weeks at her shower. They have everything but diapers, the crib and change table. I can't imagine waiting that long to purchase anything.

May 31st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL we got a ton of coupons in the mail today for BRU and Huggies that expire next month and he won't let me use any grrr. I have started my pregnancy scrapbook and that does help a lil. I know he is right about waiting but baby stuff is just so darn cute lol
May 31st, 2011, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so hard to wait! We'll be buying the big stuff, and just registering for little stuff. Anything we don't get and still really need will have to be done after the baby shower. You're lucky you're getting it in august! I probably won't have mine til end of october (isn't that when people normally do baby showers, later in pregnancy? If not, I'm pushing for an earlier one! lol)
May 31st, 2011, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
It is really hard to wait! For now, we've decided we will be cloth diapering, and DH has been letting me buy a few gender neutral diapers each month, and will buy gender specific diapers next month (yay!!!) when we find out the gender. We are going to buy the stroller and new car seat prob by the end of the summer because we know none of our family will consider getting either of those for us.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 31st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Rachel - I am not sure what normal time is. I will be 27 weeks I think but my dr doesn't suggest that I travel home after 30 weeks being that it is a 4 hour drive, it was also an obvious choice in dates cause df doesn't want me driving that far alone being that pregnant and only has off every other week. My mom is also cateering the shower and she is back in school with that being the week of summer break she will have lots of free time. I would have liked to wait a few more weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search