im so angry with my OBGYN

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i guess i should say im angry at the nurse and getting ready to be angry at my doctor.

Monday last week i called because i was very sick. I had even been running a fever all weekend. She said something was going around and if i wasnt better in a few days to call back and she would call something in.

Well, here it is a week later and I'm worse. It has made my astma act up so badly that i will go to the hospital tonight if she doesnt call in medication.

So I call the nurse this morning and she tells me I need to see my primary care doctor!!!! I said, "no, the doctor said she would call something in. " So she acts like a snot and said she would talk to the doctor. Part of me doesnt even believe she will.

Anyway, im getting ready to be so angry that i will change doctors. Over reaction?
May 31st, 2011, 08:01 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Wow, I would be angry too! My doctor's standard practice is to return all calls within 24 hours, refer you to the on-call doctor if you're actually having an issue in the off hours, and if anything happens (like the few times I've been to the ER) he either personally calls to check in the next day, or has a nurse call and schedule a follow up. So, yeah, I'd be angry because I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a higher standard of care.

But, if this is out of the ordinary from what you usually get from your doctor, the problem might be the particular nurse not relaying the messages or something.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon, and if you feel like you're not getting the care you deserve, move on.

Feel better!

May 31st, 2011, 08:05 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd be angry at the nurse - only because the doc already said they would call something in.

I will say though, my obgyn wouldn't prescribe me anything for a cold or sinus infection. I thought I had strep with my last pregnancy and she said I had to go to my primary care doc. I guess they really aren't set up to handle those kinds of illnesses. She did say she would consult with the other doc to make sure I got a med that was safe for pregnancy.

Last edited by Kittynoah; May 31st, 2011 at 09:34 AM.
May 31st, 2011, 08:44 AM
**Linda**
I completely understand. I keep getting into situation with my OB's office and keep getting super frustrated. I'm trying not to get annoyed with my doctor, and keep it to the support staff. But they should have better management than that!

I would call back and insist to talk to someone else. I really like one of the nurses at my OBs office, but the other one, Gladys, she's a real jerk!

May 31st, 2011, 07:16 PM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
I ended up in the ER this weekend and called the DR on call and she complained about the time I called and told me that if I'd had come in early in the day she could of helped me.... well DUH! If I knew I was going to be sick I would have come in... hahahaha

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09
May 31st, 2011, 08:01 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh ~ that's what we have doctor's for, to help us! Your OB's nurse sounds like a real brat!

May 31st, 2011, 08:07 PM
Veteran
Could be the nurse or the doctor...hard to tell. I will agree with the others that many ob's won't call in anything/treat anything that a primary care should. I had an ob with 2nd pregnancy that would always make me call my primary care for anything not directly related to my pregnancy...cold, cough, uti, flu, toothache, heartburn etc...
June 1st, 2011, 12:15 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear this. My OBGYN would send me to my primary doc. They should have told you that up front instead of making you wait.
Hope you feel better asap!

June 1st, 2011, 06:04 PM
Veteran
Same thing happened with the nurse at my dr office too.....She finally passed on the information 2 days later to my dr. I sure hope they called something in for you and your feeling better

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search