Appointment Updates 5/31-6/3

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Figured with our hosts out of commission for the time being, I'd start one of these threads

----

I had a great BPP today, baby is in a great position for birth and was doing very well (though she was sleeping so it took awhile to get a "big" movement - a leg stretch).

I have made a little progress too - I'm 2 cm now, and 50% effaced! The baby has moved down just a little bit too, she was around -2 station. So that was very exciting to hear Hopefully I will go into labor on my own before I get past 41 weeks, so I can avoid induction! It's looking a lot more promising now, especially with the effacement...

May 31st, 2011, 10:30 AM
Julie
Glad you had a good appt! I'm going for my 36 wk appt. this afternoon. I will find out if I'm GBS positive or neg.
May 31st, 2011, 12:48 PM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
I get to go in tomorrow afternoon, but the doctor I switched to just gave birth so I don't know who I'm seeing!! But I should find out if I'm GBS positive or not.
May 31st, 2011, 01:04 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
Great appointment! My next one is set for Thursday afternoon. Hoping for something big -- not sure what, though.

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

May 31st, 2011, 01:41 PM
Veteran
I had an appt this morning. 36+5. They hooked me up to the monitors for a bit. We have an extremely active baby-I think she made a sport of kicking the little things attached to me. I was rather surprised I wasn't checked, though at my last two appts, I was still closed up. Doc says I'm having good strong contractions though. Doc made DH's whole year I think when he said we could have the section on a Friday instead of his normal Wednesday surgery day (that way DH doesn't have to miss work!) I'm just happy I'll get to meet my little princess a week ahead of schedule June 17th here we come!
May 31st, 2011, 03:10 PM
My next appt is Thursday morning. Last Friday for my 36w 6d appt I was check and I'm 1 cm and 80 % effaced! Hoping to hear more progress by Thursday!
May 31st, 2011, 03:46 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine was just ok. Blood pressure, urine, heartbeat, etc was all good. My belly is measuring small the 2nd week in a row so I really do need the ultrasound on Thurs. (we had set it up saying he was small just so I could get it). My belly measured around 33 last week and 34 today but I'm 37 weeks so..

My strep b test came back positive which has me kinda bummed. I know there are small risks with it and such but it has me worried like crazy anyway.

They did not check me today, although last week I was almost 2cm dilated and 80% effaced.

So I go Thurs for the ultrasound and next appt is Monday.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

May 31st, 2011, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have my next appt on Thurs am. I'll find out the results of my GBS test and I'll get checked again. I'm hoping I've dilated and effaced some and that she strip my membranes to see if it will kickstart anything for me. It didn't work with DS, but maybe if I'm actually dilating it will help things. If I'm not dilating or effaced at all she won't do it, so I'm really hoping I have some progress - last week when I had my appt at 37w 4 d I wasn't dilated or effaced AT ALL. So I've got my fingers crossed that we ALL make some progress at our appts this week.

May 31st, 2011, 06:17 PM
semi-crunchymom's Avatar Veteran
I had a good appt today. Bp 118/82. I'm up 13lbs total..actually down a lb from last week. I have some bruising around my belly button, she said from the muscles separating, and that makes it very sensitive. I'm also having sciatic pain on the right side which really hurts. I have an u/s tomorrow to check size and such!

Thank you Oona for my adorable siggy!
May 31st, 2011, 07:15 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My last appt. was yesterday for NST, blood work and check and all is looking pretty good with platelets at 100K, BP 104/80 and baby reactive on NST.

Next appt is thursday for a BPP, blood work, NST and check.

June 1st, 2011, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Go in tomorrow for my 39 wk apt. Lord help this lil one if she doesn't come out soon! LMBO

June 1st, 2011, 09:18 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go in for my 39 week appt in about an hour...i have a list of last min questions, can you think of anything else I should be asking about?

Effaced?
Dilated?
Position?
Any reason I couldn’t deliver vaginally
Vaccinations for me and baby
How to induce labor? Strip membranes?
Hemorrhoid treatment before birth
When to call the office
IV’s
Routine tests
Delayed cord clamping

June 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Sue46's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went today, BP was good, 115/75. I am 1 cm dialated, 50% effaced and baby is at a -3 station. Oh and I am GBS +. I don't even know what GBS really is, all I know is I need an anitbiotic in labor.

June 1st, 2011, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We had Vincent's one week check up yesterday and he is up from 7lbs 12 oz on Saturday to 8lbs 2 oz and he is now 21.5 inches long. He looks healthy as can be!

June 1st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
My appointment sucked. BP was 150/100(medicated). He made me lay on my side, and then it went down some. To bad I don't lay on my side all day. He didn't check dilation.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
June 1st, 2011, 12:43 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well just got back...baby is nice and high, but at least I am about 60% effaced, even if I'm only 1 cm dilated. She said she couldn't even reach to strip my membranes, so that wasn't even an option It looks like we will be moving right into week 40 no problem.

June 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Super Mommy
my appointment was Tuesday. Weight is stable, BP was typical (143/80) - I get white coat syndrome. I have been contracting so she did another check and I went from 1cm to 2-3 cm and head is definitely down. I honestly hope to go today or tomorrow because my mom & dad are leaving town Thursday night. I am GBS - as well!

Married to Bill 9/12/09
DS - Anthony (1/2/02)
DD - Ellie (3/24/04)
DS - Braxton (6/14/11)

June 1st, 2011, 08:06 PM
Regular
I went in today, I'm 38+5. I'm 2 cm dilated, she didn't comment on effacment, baby is in good position. We scheduled an induction for Tuesday... I'm so nervous. Cried the whole way home.... As my husband said, she can't stay in there forever. haha.

June 1st, 2011, 10:03 PM
Littlelamb09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Littlelamb09
I had my appointment yesterday and I am doing great but it looks like a i gained 5 pounds since last appointment uggh...I blame it on the memorial day food the night before lol I am now doing the every week checks at the doctors and my next appointment is monday the 6th.

June 2nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
81 Bubbles's Avatar *Tash*
YAY!! I finally had a good appointment today. I'm GBS Negative. My B/P was 108/70 and the baby was active during the NST. Baby is weighing (guess via U/S) just under 6lbs.
So glad that things are looking much better than they had been.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search