Gender Scans

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 09:05 AM
Six in the City
How far along was everyone when they found out the gender???

I had one done at like 15 weeks 6 days and was told it was a girl- you could see the girl bits or so I thought perfectly. Then at somewhere along 16 weeks 2 days they say it's a boy. (I was having a lot of pain- thus the two appointments). On the boy u/s she didn't freeze the screen to show what she saw at all, just said that she thought it was a boy. Unlike the first one.

So I have my 17 week 2 day u/s tomorrow with an actual u/s tech (the others were with the nurse pract) so I am wondering, will they be able to see without a shadow of a doubt (or a small doubt since human error) what the gender is?

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.
May 31st, 2011, 09:17 AM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
I made them give me the picture with my second, I didn't want to go doing nurseries and have it all be wrong! I think they should be able to tell. My place guarantees gender at 16 weeks already.

May 31st, 2011, 09:35 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
Mine is tomorrow and I'll be 17 weeks.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
May 31st, 2011, 09:46 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was a few days over 16 weeks when I had mine done at a private clinic. I wonder if they just didn't look very closely since that wasn't the "goal" of the ultrasound? I know at the pay clinics - that is all they are looking for, so they really focus on it.

I would think at over 17 weeks it should be obvious if there are girl or boy parts.

May 31st, 2011, 10:34 AM
SoCaliMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
The place i went to guarantees gender at 14 weeks. We went at 14wks on the dot, and were told this baby is a boy.

I have my big anatomy scan at 18wks on the dot.

With my son the anatomy scan was at around 19wks and there was no mistaking he was a boy, his gender was confirmed at 29wks with 3-d but only got the 2-d picture of it from that appointment.

My daughter was shy at my anatomy scan so we did a 3-d scan at 26wks and found out she was a girl.

May 31st, 2011, 10:39 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would think you'd be able to tell then.. My gender u/s with my son was at 19w2d.. This time I'm going in at 19w0d (next Monday!)..

May 31st, 2011, 10:57 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most doctor's where I am will do it at or around 18 weeks at the earliest. I, too need to see it in a photo before I start going nuts with clothing, etc. Mine isn't for another 3+ weeks, I'll be 21 weeks 2 days on the date of the u/s unless my OB sends me earlier.

May 31st, 2011, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had ours yesterday at 14 weeks 3 days, and is no mistaking it, a girl! That's wierd that she told you she thought it was a boy but didn't freeze the screen at all, I don't think they're allowed to do that. With my son the u/s tech said "I know what baby is, but I have to get a good clear shot to show you before I'm allowed to tell you" She found it and said he was a boy, that she knew because when he rolled over she saw his parts moving around LOL. With this baby, we have 4 different shots and angles of the parts, and also did a slow motion video at the u/s place where the tech slowed the video down to watch her move all around and there were absolutley no dangly bits! I agree with the other that said, maybe since it was an u/s for pain they didn't look too closely (obviously, if she didn't freeze the screen even!), but the independent places that do them early, that is all they do so they focus on it a lot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search