How do you know when you are overdoing it?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2011, 05:51 PM
Veteran
Hey guys...

So part of my job is filling in for our mail guy when he is sick or on vacation. He has taken this week off and so I am in the mailroom all week. This entails me being on my feet all day and lifting things (though I get help with heavy stuff).

Today was my second day this week and I am already exhausted. It is 8:45 and I am about to hit the sack. My biggest concern, however, is that almost immediately each morning I start to feel a pain in my lower, left hand side of my back that wraps around the side a little. This doesn't happen any other time except when I am on my feet doing this kind of labor. At first I thought maybe I was overdoing it with the physical labor since I do not do it everyday and am not used to it. But now I'm not so sure seeing as it starts almost immediately in the morning.

My doctor has ok'ed the work and said I should be fine, so I know I am not putting myself in danger. But still this exhaustion and back/side pain has me worried that I am overdoing it and that it could affect the baby.

What are some signs that you are doing too much physical stuff? I keep reading back pain is normal, as is fatigue. I"m just worried this might not be normal but a sign that I am overdoing it. I'm not so much worried about myself as I am the baby. I can handle all this. (I have to because I can't lose my job).. I just don't want to put the baby in danger.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 1st, 2011, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe you pulled a muscle? If it is starting out that way in the morning I would think that is possible. That kind of sucks that they are still making you do that. Hopefully the week finishes up fast for you. I would try a heating pad set on low for 10-20 minutes at a time and then leave it off for a while and put it on again for 10-20 minutes. Hope you feel better soon!!

June 1st, 2011, 06:57 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you are doing so much! I ditto the heating pad, hopefully it will give you some relief. I would call your doctor and just tell them again what you are doing just to be on the safe side.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 2nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
My OB said that if I'm having dizziness, shortness of breath, increased nausea, decreased urination, or uterine cramping that I am over doing it and need to rest and drink water.

It is normal to have back pain, hip pain and pelvis pain as the baby and uterus get bigger. Round ligament pain is also normal, but usually sharp, not persistant. It also could be pain from getting used to sleeping on your side. You are the best judge of your condition though. If you think you're over doing it, can you ask for a lighter duty assignment, or more breaks?

I hope the week goes by quickly for you and that you feel better soon.

Mom to four beautiful girls

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search