professional newborn pics?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 08:58 AM
blessedmom080911's Avatar Excitedly Expecting #3!
We didn't get them done for our other babies. But my mom is doing pictures now so we will do them ourselves this time. (we have tons of pics of the other girls just not professional ones). We were told within the first ten days is the best time to do them

June 2nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Tina_Marie's Avatar Mommy2Boys
We didnt with Braylon..we were so young and poor This time I have an amazing friend who does pics. I will have her do a maternity shoot then when Karson gets here some with him and Braylon!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy

June 2nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got the hospital ones of my boys. I'll probably get those for this LO, too. I may have my gf who is an amateur photographer to take some of this LO. With my boys I didn't get prof. ones taken until 2 months. I really love the sleeping newborn shots...so precious!

I never had maternity pics (even regular ones) taken with my boys except at my shower with my oldest. I felt like I looked like a cow. Not attractive. I very much dislike prof. maternity pics. Too cheesy for my taste. Plus, I hate how I look pregnant. The belly is ok but I usually sport a chunkier appearance in my face during pregnancy and I HATE it.

June 2nd, 2011, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My aunt is a professional photographer so she is going to take my pregnancy pics and pics of the baby. She will prolly take some in the hospital and then take studio ones when our little girl is a couple weeks old.

June 2nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
4sweet's Avatar Super Mommy
I do it as a hobby for friend and family. I did Logan's at 5 days old. I would do it with in the 1st week if possible.

Julian 9/30/06
Logan 12/29/09
Callan 11/4/11
June 2nd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Quote:
Originally Posted by karelle View Post
If you do decide to get your LO photographed that early, make sure your milk has come in (if you're nursing).
Why is that?

I get a ton of professional pics taken of my kids. I get them done around 2 weeks, then every month until they are a year. Then 18 months, then on their birthdays. I just do JCPenny. I buy the membership, and just take home 2 8X10's each month. It only cost me $5 a month. But, we've moved, and there is nothing around here but WalMart, and we WONT be doing that! However, I've been selling my crocheted hats to a local photographer for props, and she said we could work out a deal, or trade or something. Even if we don't trade, her prices are reasonable.

June 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissKnockedUp View Post
Why is that?
So baby has a nice full belly. My newborn sessions can last two hours due to changes and nursing and settling back down. The baby will sleep longer and better with a nice, full belly.

June 2nd, 2011, 05:34 PM
Super Mommy
I'm looking through some of my newborn pics, getting so excited for my own little model to get here!!!

August 21st, 2011, 09:15 AM
Super Mommy
My DH is a photographer on the side so he will do them. That reminds me, I need to crochet a stork sling and time is running out LOL!

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
August 21st, 2011, 10:42 AM
5 girls + 1 boy
I never did, I took Leah to walmart when she was a week old because the hospital didnt do newborn pictures. But with the twins, they were 6 weeks before I took them. I really would like to for AJ.

August 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by karelle View Post
I will be taking my own pictures of LO, as that's what I do (children's photographer). I absolutely can't wait to have another little model to photograph whenever I want!

ETA: oh, and the best time for newborn photos is within the first two weeks...they're still usually curly and sleepy, and haven't gotten the baby acne yet. One of my clients had me come photograph her daughter at 3 days old...they'd just gotten home from the hospital. That was one of the easiest newborn sessions! If you do decide to get your LO photographed that early, make sure your milk has come in (if you're nursing).
Good to know!

We've never done it before, but I'm going to see if my friend who did my maternity pics will come take pics of our baby in the first couple of weeks. She isn't doing photography full time anymore, but she did an awesome job with our maternity pics.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
August 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM
BeachBaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had them done with DS at 3 months, but it was part of a 3/6/12 month package. I'll probably get them done sooner with this one.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 21st, 2011, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we definitely are!! we already hired our photographer. a little bit pricy, but worth it in my opinion. i'm a novice photographer myself with a pretty decent DSLR camera, and pictures are really important to me. I also spent probably the most money out of anything for my wedding on the photographer!

here is the lady we hired: Laurie Sachs Photography - Home-1

so precious!!!!!

*thank you*Kiliki*

August 21st, 2011, 07:44 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
We had Maddox's done at sears at 10 days old and they were ok.. but from 3 months on I found the most awesome photographer & he did M's 3,6,9,12, 18 & 2 year photos. I really wish I had found him when M was a newborn! We are definitely getting them done with this baby! It will be a different photog though, because we moved & won't be back *home* (where we're from) to visit til xmas

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

August 22nd, 2011, 07:40 AM
Mom to Girls
I thought this was a new post until I saw I responded since June..lol

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search