How has this pregnancy compared to your others (for BTDT)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 06:47 AM
Happy Mommy
How has this pregnancy compared for your others, better, worse, about the same?

Last edited by w292737; June 2nd, 2011 at 06:50 AM.
June 2nd, 2011, 07:01 AM
lovin to be mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girls must suit me better because this pregnancy and when I was preggo with dd are about the same and pretty easy. I feel/felt great for the most part. Now with ds.... Totally opposite. I was miserable the entire time.
June 2nd, 2011, 07:12 AM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
Complete opposite in the first trimester - I battled all day sickness in this pregnancy whereas I never had morning sickness in my first pregnancy. Otherwise, things have been about the same....
June 2nd, 2011, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
It's been completely opposite from my pregnancy with Dalton. I was so sick with him, not sick with this one. Migraines in the second tri with him, none with this one. Carried him high, this one low. The only thing that's the same is that I carry straight out in front.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
June 2nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
Happy Mommy
I think this pregnanyc, despite everything, has been awesome compared to my first two. I still dislike being pregnant. I swear it's aline type stuff. but it's been much better. I was in so much pain with L, and then dealt with C's growth issues.

so it's been pretty nice this time. (so far. I better knock on wood!)
June 2nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Worse. Oh so much worse.

...yet probably not. I LOST weight instead of gaining, they caught my GD instead of losing the results, they are monitoring the baby because of this, instead of having a giant baby who needs NICU care for stress and unknown reasons.

So, I should say better... but I certainly don't FEEL better this time around!
June 2nd, 2011, 08:15 AM
mamamerle's Avatar Super Mommy
My previous two were a breeze compared to this one. This time I have been exhausted, uncomfortable, very moody, generally unhappy with the entire process.

The stark difference in this pregnancy compared to the others is why I was sure this would be a boy, so I was surprised when they said it is another girl.

Last edited by mamamerle; June 2nd, 2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: another thought
June 2nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
In terms of where I am in life with this one compared to my first two, so much better. About the same as with Daniel.

In terms of my body and how I feel? Much much worse. I'm older, tireder and grumpier.
June 2nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first pregnancy was a breeze. I had no issues and worked full time and went to college full time till right around my due date. I also was not so paranoid about stuff because I didn't have the internet then. lol But I did gain like 60lbs or something crazy with that pregnancy because I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.

This pregnancy I have had some issues with getting pregnant, then having a subchorionic hematoma, and now failing my 1 hour glucose test. But on the flip side I am much more health conscious and have only gained like 8 lbs this pregnancy so far. But I did start out this pregnancy a little overweight unlike my 1st pregnancy where I was pretty thin. I do feel pretty good most of the time with this pregnancy though, just like I did with my 1st.

June 2nd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This one has been 1000x better than my first one; with Nolan I worked in the OR full time until 35 weeks, I gained twice the wt, my bp and thyroid were out of control, my gd was dx late and much harder to control, and I had no kids so I had lots and lots of time to worry and obsess about everything

This time I work from home full time, I have four little kids but the youngest are 2 and so pretty independent, I have no time to worry about anything, I started insulin at 5 weeks and I had amazing thyroid and bp control pre-pg so the doses haven't even needed to be touched at all. And I know I'm a repeat c/s so I have none of that stress of labor and stuff to stress over. I'm tired, but I'm loving this pg!
June 2nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, since zofran seems to be working better than the phenergan ever did, I've been feeling *okay* this pregnancy. Still crappy, but not as horridly sick. But it means I'm constipated which is its own other world of crappiness (no pun intended! I tried to find another word but my brain just isn't working this morning).

I'm way more exhausted, but I chalk that up to 2 kids that don't nap rather than no kids, or one that still napped, so I could too.

So....better in some ways, worse in others. I bet if I went off the zofran, though, it'd be the same as my others.

June 2nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This one was about the same as the others.

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

June 2nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this one is about the same as when i was pregnant with tori. a little more tired this time around, but i think that is because i have a little one to keep up with! it would have been pretty stress free this time had i opted out of the genetic testing. that was a stressful glitch that was totally unnecessary.

all in all, i have pretty darn decent pregnancies.
June 2nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Tamara0711's Avatar :)
Worse. It's the TOTAL opposite of my pregnancy with DS. I literally had no symptoms before and no issues.
June 2nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Kim
My symptoms have been mostly the same for both. I'm way moodier this time, though, and I've had more problems and stress with this baby too.

June 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say over all (so far) this pregnancy has been better. With DD I didn't have that much morning sickness but I remember struggling with it longer and I threw up at work ALL THE TIME. I always had a bucket with me on the drive home too and would throw up in the driveway. This time I felt sick non stop but only actually threw up a few times. And all morning sickness went away after 2-3 weeks.

I've gained about 6 lbs less so far with this pregnancy, which is good. I've also been working out more and physically feel like I'm in better shape. My blood sugar numbers where way better (although still not passable)

I've been a bit more uncomfortable, but ultimately I feel good! Now, if I can get through the last 8 weeks without gaining 30 more lbs, swelling up like a balloon, and having my blood pressure go up then this pregnancy will be a great success lol

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 2nd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Compared to my previous two, this one us the worst. The third time is not a charm. I am more tired, ok exhausted, sore, and cranky than the last two.
June 2nd, 2011, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WORSE WORSE WORSE! My previous 2 pregnancies were nothing like this one.
I had morning sickness for about 4-4.5 months. My body is feeling miserable. I popped much sooner and I have gestational diabetes. Hate to see what else could happen b/t now and August.

I'm so blaming the pregnancy differences on the baby being a boy. I'm saying I'm allergic boys. haha
June 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say it has been similar, but a little worse. I had about the saem amount of nausea, if not more, and I had a lot more headaches also. My DD was very active in the womb, and this baby is active too, but when he moves it's a lot more uncomfortable and sometimes even painful, especially for not even being 30 weeks yet. I also have been getting extremely tired and exhausted lately, just from doing regular housework. When I was pregnant with DD, I worked, and I don't recall getting quite this exhausted.
June 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
This one is a bit better than the last. First 2 pg, no problems, felt good,no m/s at all, happy, and not really uncomfortable until the last week or so. With my last, I got really sick, ended up 7lbs under where I started. Got Gest. diab., hurt alot, all my joints hurt, and ligaments. & back...it was terrible. This time around the m/s didn't last as long, and my body does hurt like it did, but I am having a hard time bending over, it really hurts (??)..and I have the GD again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search