anyone else RH-

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 09:20 AM
Racheal 2010's Avatar Super Mommy
I am and I have to go for my shot in three weeks. I hate it cause it is a big shot. Just curious if there was anyone else.

June 2nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Yep I am! Not a fan of the shot either..

June 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Had my antibody screen drawn yesterday and will have the shot at my next appt. They said I could not get the shot until after I had the blood drawn.
June 2nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep. Never had the shot before but not looking forward to it. I don't understand why I have to get it if both DH and I are RH-. There is no way baby could be positive, so it seems kind of silly. Probably an insurance thing.

June 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am and I already had one shot for it early on at around 10-11 weeks (I guess because I was spotting?) and I don't think I'll need another one until later on around 30+ weeks and then one once in labor/right after delivery but not sure. Did any of you have a shot early on for it already? I agree, the shot is not fun and I'm not a fan of it either!
June 2nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Ryan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am as well, my next shot is in a little over a week.
June 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
Yep. Never had the shot before but not looking forward to it. I don't understand why I have to get it if both DH and I are RH-. There is no way baby could be positive, so it seems kind of silly. Probably an insurance thing.
It is because they are covering themselves. Some mamas might not be truthful about the daddy. You could always refuse the shot if you know there is no danger.
June 2nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Racheal 2010's Avatar Super Mommy
A friend of mine got very upset cause her midwife was asking if she was positive her hubby was the daddy. The nurse explained it was just hospital proceedure but my friend was pissed.

June 2nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicmaid View Post
It is because they are covering themselves. Some mamas might not be truthful about the daddy. You could always refuse the shot if you know there is no danger.
That's true. There are probably also a lot of people who think they know their blood type but are mistaken. I have documentation of DH's blood type and he is willing to let them test him if need be. I'm going to talk to me doctor about it at my next appointment.

June 2nd, 2011, 10:37 AM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the antibody screen check on Monday, and have my next prenatal on the 14th then after that I will go for the shot at the maternity ward.

June 2nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am and my husband is positive and so far both my boys have been positive as well so I get the shot soon plus after birth. I'm not really fond of any shots or needles but I didn't find the Rhogam any worse than the rest
June 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH is pos and DD was pos so I had the shot after she was born as well. DS was neg so I only had it at 28 weeks. I didn't find it to be any worse than any other shot. Now the steroid shots, they hurt!
June 2nd, 2011, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've got my shot coming up on June 20. Both my previous girls were positive so I also got the shot after birth too. Can't say I'm a big fan but I don't really dread it either.

June 2nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Veteran
I am as well. This is my first baby so I have no idea how the shot is/will be. I'm a little nervous b/c I'm not fond of shots at all. Who is, right? LOL. I was supposed to get it at 28 weeks but I'll be in Florida so I'll be getting mine at 29 weeks and this'll be the first shot of Rhogam. I didn't have one early on.
**Kiera-wife to Brentexpecting baby #1September 22**
June 2nd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
It really isnt that bad, i have had it 5 times. It stings more than other shots, IMO, but overall not to bad.. I just hate shots, haha....

June 2nd, 2011, 03:03 PM
MsSilverSpec's Avatar Mama of 2 <3
Same here...I for some reason thought I wouldnt need it the 2nd time around but my doc told me otherwise. So probably going to get it in a couple weeks and if DD is born and is positive, I get another one.

The first one didnt hurt bad, it's the one I got after birth that stung!!
June 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am neg and DH and DD are both pos. I don`t mind shots so it`s just another thing to me. I will go around 28 weeks for the first shot.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

June 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I have a friend whose doctor insisted on her getting the shot even though her DH was negative- and then he threw out some percentage of babies are not actually fathered by the woman's husband- and he said this IN front OF her DH! they were both pissed!

I understand why they tell women this (they want to protect mom and baby) but it is really not mandatory or necessary, assuming you know who fathered your baby
June 2nd, 2011, 07:26 PM
*~Lulu'sMommy~*'s Avatar Lexi's Mommy!
It was required by my Dr. because i wasnt married... and since DD is positive and im negative i had one at 6 weeks, im assuming ill get one before she is born and then one after

June 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Yes. And Yes I always dread the injection. Oh well. Its over quickly. Just stings .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search