anybody else in here....

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Veteran
...having a scheduled c-section? Starting to feel kind of lonely I went to the chiro and did the Webster technique yesterday and will go back tomorrow, but unless Miss Evy flips btw now and June 15th, c-section it is. Anyone else? For any reason not just breech.

Collage by erineldridge23, on Flickr

June 2nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not having a c-section, but I just scheduled my induction if I go past my EDD with my doc and that is scheduled for the 15th.

I hope your LO flips head down for you.

June 2nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I hope she flips. I would keep trying the inversion techniques at spinningbabies.com. They worked for me late in my last pregnancy(then she flipped breech when I was 5cm dilated and in labor).

It's still a possibility for me. I'm up against my blood pressure. It was 150/100(medicated) at yesterdays appointment. I'm not dilated at all(they didn't check this week, so I could be), and it's slowly getting worse. I'm seeing two OB's. One delivered my last 5 babies(can't deliver this one b/c the hospital doesn't allow VBAC), and I trust him greatly. The other is new, and my only hope for a VBAC. If my blood pressure gets any more out of control then I may be forced into a c-section because the new OB won't induce(my last baby was a c-section b/c she flipped breech while I was I was in labor). I've definitely taken a turn for the worse the past few days. I've had a non-stop headache, swelling, spots in my eyes, and high blood pressure numbers. I hope he decides to come before I need a c-section.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
June 2nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Veteran
Bless you girl! I really hope your BP goes down. Dr's get really jumpy about that. And I know its left you feeling rotten.

So did your last one flip into breech position or into vertex while you were in labor? i've been trying to kick start labor bc I keep hearing of babies that turned at the last minute. (Including me I did that.) Which exercises from spinningbabies.com did you try? I've been doing pelvic tilts and inversions nightly. I'm wondering if there is a particular way i sleep that keeps her breech? I always seem to wake up with her in the same spot...also I have a desk job. I wish I could walk around more. I hear it helps. I'm keeping a check on my posture though. I also want to try and find a pool. Something before she gets stuck!

Collage by erineldridge23, on Flickr

June 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Super Mommy
I have mine scheduled for June 8th It will be my 3rd. Had to schedule mine due to me having 2 c-sections already (my last one was just 19 months ago).
My 1st baby was breech and we tried a version, but it didn't work~ so, I had a c-section.
2nd baby was ready to go, but I just never progressed. It was easier to schedule a c-section since we're a military family and don't have family close by. They came in a day or two before my surgery to watch my 1st.
For this one, my in-laws are coming out on the 7th to watch my 2 boys.
Don't feel lonely I'm right there with you!
June 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM
semi-crunchymom's Avatar Veteran
I am...This is my 4th breech baby (due to a bicornuate uterus) and 4th c-sec. Unfortunately flipping techniques won't work for me as baby only has half the space to turn, and its not enough. I wish with my first I had been able to research a vag breech delivery, but i ended up going into labor the very night i found out that he was breech, but i don't think my dr at the time did them anyway. So its been a downhill spiral from there, now i'm scheduled for a 38wk c-sec since my uterus is stretched so thin and i have a history of labors at 38wks. My dr doesn't want me to labor at all so by scheduling early hopefully i won't, she's even probably going to get in trouble with the hospital for scheduling me before 39wks.

Hopefully your LO flips, but if not, you're not alone in the c-sec boat!

Thank you Oona for my adorable siggy!
June 2nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Veteran
I'm having a csection on June 17th. I'm having mine due to a previous csection, and like the last one, they expect the baby's head to be bigger than the birth canal.
June 2nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Veteran
I'm having my c-sec 6/16. This is my 2nd one. I was going to try vbac but for various reasons my doc & I decided this is the way to go this time. You are def not alone!
June 2nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Good luck on getting baby to turn!

I'm having a repeat c-section on June 28. I had a previous c-section because I couldn't dilate passed a 3.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
June 2nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
I haven't posted about it because I don't really like to open the subject up for debate (I'm kind of an emotional wreck lately), but I am having a section tomorrow. I had an emerg. section with my first son and we debated long and hard and ended up going for a repeat. You're not alone!

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
June 2nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
aimee320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to aimee320
I'm having one on monday (6/6) this will be my 3rd, the first one was an emergency and when I had DD i just opted to do it again...

June 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Super Mama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinechica View Post
I have mine scheduled for June 8th It will be my 3rd. Had to schedule mine due to me having 2 c-sections already (my last one was just 19 months ago).
My 1st baby was breech and we tried a version, but it didn't work~ so, I had a c-section.
2nd baby was ready to go, but I just never progressed. It was easier to schedule a c-section since we're a military family and don't have family close by. They came in a day or two before my surgery to watch my 1st.
For this one, my in-laws are coming out on the 7th to watch my 2 boys.
Don't feel lonely I'm right there with you!

My 3rd c-section scheduled for June 8th! My last c-sec was 10 months ago. RELAX, the worst part is the anesthesia, other than that u will be fine. Just keep your self distracted while they do it, someone talking to you about another subject....it works for me!

good luck!

June 3rd, 2011, 11:22 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierasmom View Post
I hope she flips. I would keep trying the inversion techniques at spinningbabies.com. They worked for me late in my last pregnancy(then she flipped breech when I was 5cm dilated and in labor).

It's still a possibility for me. I'm up against my blood pressure. It was 150/100(medicated) at yesterdays appointment. I'm not dilated at all(they didn't check this week, so I could be), and it's slowly getting worse. I'm seeing two OB's. One delivered my last 5 babies(can't deliver this one b/c the hospital doesn't allow VBAC), and I trust him greatly. The other is new, and my only hope for a VBAC. If my blood pressure gets any more out of control then I may be forced into a c-section because the new OB won't induce(my last baby was a c-section b/c she flipped breech while I was I was in labor). I've definitely taken a turn for the worse the past few days. I've had a non-stop headache, swelling, spots in my eyes, and high blood pressure numbers. I hope he decides to come before I need a c-section.

Yikes! that BP is very high, those were what my numbers were like when I was this far along with DD and had to be induced. Are you on bed rest or restricted activity?

Hope you don't end up with a c-section. I'm in the same boat where I can't be induced because of my prior c-section and the risk of rupture with induction after a c-section.

June 3rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Aw good luck! I hope baby turns vertex for you. The chiro worked for me last week and my breech baby finally turned head down with the webster technique. It didnt work right away so hopefully if you keep going back, doing pelvic tilts and all that baby will turn for you!
*HUGS*
Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search