went to the ER

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
so this is really an update on my post about being angry with my OB office.

Well, after talking to the nasty nurse my friend called her OB who said i need to go to the ER because something other then asthma could be going on. At this point i was gasping for air every 4 breaths or so.

So i go to the ER and they tell me i bronchitis. They wanted to do a chest xray, breathing treatment and send me home with an inhaler. We decided to skip the xray but i did the treatment and took the inhaler. I spent most of my childhood dealing with things like this so i knew thats all i would need. Well, i get home and find they have given me a class C drug when another one could have been prescribed. They also gave me amoxicillin....NOT TAKING! i guess im not the best patient but all i needed was help breathing!

Thankfully i am almost better now and have been able to get away with only using the inhaler at night time.

SOOOOO.....i called my OBGYN this morning to find out why the nurse never called back. Turns out she not only never talked to the doctor but also never even pulled my chart to make notes that i called!!!! I knew she wasnt going to do anything after the attitude she gave me.

Im changing doctors and also complained to the care manager in the office. Being the pregnant basket case i am, i started crying on the phone when i told her about the terrible medication they gave me.

Im waiting for a call back from a new doctor. Since i am almost 18 weeks they had to approve me before taking me on.
June 2nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
luckymomma's Avatar Veteran
Wow, sorry you've had to go through all that! Hopefully you get a new doctor and don't have to deal with anymore of that! And hope you feel better soon!

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a bummer you have had to go through so much. I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Good luck with the new doc.

June 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
**Linda**
Wow!! I am so sorry!! Way to take charge of your care! Being pregnant with twins, you should definitely be very happy with your care, and your doctor and the nurses should be just as involved.

I'm glad you are feeling better!!!

June 2nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry, that stinks. I hope you find a new one that you like.
June 2nd, 2011, 12:16 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
I'm sorry you had to go through all that!

June 2nd, 2011, 12:21 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is ridiculous that they didn't even pull your chart! I have come to expect that ER docs are stupid when it comes to pregnancy - but your OB should have at least have been informed and given you a call back. I would definitely find a new doc! good luck - I hope the new doc will take you on quickly.

June 2nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
how frustrating to have to deal with all that! And what a crappy nurse!! I hope your next dr is a lot better!
June 2nd, 2011, 08:04 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a joke!!!! I'm SO glad you stood up for yourself like that!!! That's serious BS!!!

June 3rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
Hmm makes you wonder why people work in a service field and don't serve... well I hope that your next doctor office is fabulous

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search