Talking to Baby

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woo! I'm 17 weeks today!! Updates on progression I've been reading have said for a couple weeks now that baby's ears are pretty developed and s/he could probably start hearing me and stuff now. These updates make suggestions like singing, talking, reading to baby. That's great and all, but what if you're a very quiet person in general??

I'm very quiet. I don't talk a lot as it is. I used to sing more, but I just don't seem to have the opportunity much any more. And reading to baby? That sounds really beautiful but I'm pretty sure DH would think I'm insane.. not that that would matter if I really wanted to do it, but right now it seems like I have enough going on, I don't know if I'd ever find time.

So now I'm worried.. could me being pretty quiet and barely talking to my belly be a BAD thing? It's not that I'm not thinking about little one.. In fact, I think-talk to baby all the time.. I just don't feel like saying what I'm thinking out loud.. especially when most of my life is spent at work, so that just wouldn't be appropriate.

Any other quiet mommies out there who aren't talking/didn't talk much to their baby in womb? I'm hoping I'll start doing it more later on, but right now I just feel awkward.. I guess it doesn't help that I'm not showing or feeling anything yet.

June 2nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
luckymomma's Avatar Veteran
I'm also a very quiet person, and I've never done a lot of talking to the babies while pregnant. So far both my kids are very active, smart and anything BUT quiet!lol Maybe if you don't feel comfortable talking you could play music for the baby?

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We never read to our son in the womb, we talked to him a little bit, but not a whole lot. Same with this baby...sometimes I just say things and then I say "Right Bella?" but that's about it lol I also "think-talk" to her alot though.

And no, I don't think it's bad. Everybody is different so do what you are comfortable with
June 2nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Veteran
I would feel funny at work talking to the baby too so you aren't alone there. haha. the other day me and DH went fishing at a pond and he wanted to move across the lake to another spot and I didn't want to so I stayed where I was by myself. So after he left I was just randomly talking to him/her saying like me and daddy already love you a bunch and can't wait till you get here and stuff like that for like 10 minutes. Thats about all I have done. I would feel funny talking to it in front of people (even DH) I guess.
June 2nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really don't talk to my baby nor did I when pregnant with my DD. This one will get read to everynight cause my DD couldn't go a day without story time. I would do whatever comes natural to you.

June 2nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I read to DD and she reads to me so my love bug gets it twice almost everyday. Although earlier I found myself trying to explain that Saturday was his/hers sister's b-day party and mommy was going to be busy and would appreciate a little cooperation and I promise in return lots of sugar from the cake and ice cream. Kind of nutty.......

June 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I talk to the baby in the morning

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search