Awesome in the third trimester: belly painting

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Here's something awesome to do in the third trimester (you know, even though we're miserable) - belly painting!

Here's an article about it on JM: Fun Belly Painting Ideas : Third Trimester : Pregnancy

Anyone planning on doing belly painting? What are you gonna paint?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
June 2nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm not so keen on showing off my belly. And there's no point if you don't show it off.

June 2nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had not considered this, and didn't do it when pregnant with DD... It's highly doubtful I will this time around... BUT I LOVE looking at other people's painted bellies! There are some really creative mamas out there with wicked pictures!
June 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My birth center offers henna belly tattoos. I don't like showing it off, it is not something I see myself doing. But for the women that do more power to them!
June 2nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I think it would be awesome for the kids to do! I may do this when I get to 30 weeks or so!

June 2nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I think it would be awesome for the kids to do! I may do this when I get to 30 weeks or so!
Oh that would be fun! Maybe I should do that. lol That way I can wash it off when we're done an nobody cares. lol

June 2nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Happy Mommy
oh good idea to let the kids paint it!! I might try it for them
June 2nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I'm hopefully going to do a belly cast. I hadn't considered painting, but that looks cool!
June 2nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great idea but I don't think it's for me.
Mariah Carey painted a huge butterfly on her belly. I remember seeing pictures on the internet about it.
June 2nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
shoppermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never thought about belly painting when I was pregnant with Emma. However, when I was pregnant with Olivia I read about belly painting during pregnancy. So, with Olivia I painted my belly into a jack-o-lantern since Halloween was 3 weeks before my due date. I had her on Novermber 20th---and NOBODY has seen this picture except some close friends/family AND now you ladies because my artwork isn't very good. (You try painting your belly upside down in front of a mirror)

ETA: DH got off work early that day and he walked in on me while I was painting my belly and had this puzzled look on his face. So then I had to explain the whole pregnancy belly painting. He offered to finish painting my belly for me but I was nearly done. He took some pictures of my jack-o-lantern belly instead. If I paint my belly this time---I will wait til he's home to help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am now contemplating on painting my belly into a beach ball or something like this since Abigail is due in the summer...
THIS IS NOT ME!!! I just googled 'beach ball' on photobucket and a pregnant lady came up.

Thank you bokkechick for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by shoppermom; June 2nd, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
June 2nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am impressed with your skills!
June 3rd, 2011, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppermom View Post
I never thought about belly painting when I was pregnant with Emma. However, when I was pregnant with Olivia I read about belly painting during pregnancy. So, with Olivia I painted my belly into a jack-o-lantern since Halloween was 3 weeks before my due date. I had her on Novermber 20th---and NOBODY has seen this picture except some close friends/family AND now you ladies because my artwork isn't very good. (You try painting your belly upside down in front of a mirror)

ETA: DH got off work early that day and he walked in on me while I was painting my belly and had this puzzled look on his face. So then I had to explain the whole pregnancy belly painting. He offered to finish painting my belly for me but I was nearly done. He took some pictures of my jack-o-lantern belly instead. If I paint my belly this time---I will wait til he's home to help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am now contemplating on painting my belly into a beach ball or something like this since Abigail is due in the summer...
THIS IS NOT ME!!! I just googled 'beach ball' on photobucket and a pregnant lady came up.

You look AWESOME! I think that beachball idea is cute too, I might do that.

I know Dalton will get a kick out of it!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
June 3rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I'm not so keen on showing off my belly. And there's no point if you don't show it off.

Tags
belly painting , pregnancy , third trimester

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search