i have one not-so-happy VERY pregnant lady in my house...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so yeah...katelyn had her 39-week visit today. she had to ask them to check her -- they weren't really thinking of doing it. she asked if they could strip her membranes and got this response:

i don't do that. and if i did, you would have to be at the hospital and on monitor because it is dangerous for the baby. the cord could shift out the cervix etc.

so after that bit of bright news, she told her she was still just 1 cm which she has been at for weeks on end. but the 'best' is yet to come.

the NP decided that possibly she was not 39 weeks at all but more like 38-ish and thus said that her EDD was now 6/16 rather than 6/9. WHAAAATTTT!!!! katelyn was so extremely upset. then one of the nurses told her to have sex 3 times a day to induce labor if she really didn't want to wait till the 16th. oh sure, no problem.

needless to say, she is disappointed and pissed.

~~terre~~
June 2nd, 2011, 01:58 PM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
What?? Why would they change the due date so late? I'd be pretty pissed too!
Here's hoping things pick up soon!
June 2nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
That sounds ridiculous. Why would they suddenly change the due date like that? Is her belly just measuring small? I don't think that's too unheard of at this point, anyway. Or are they going off an ultrasound? I hope she goes on her own and doesn't need the doctor's help; they sound kind of like quacks.

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

June 2nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemaggi View Post
That sounds ridiculous. Why would they suddenly change the due date like that? Is her belly just measuring small? I don't think that's too unheard of at this point, anyway. Or are they going off an ultrasound? I hope she goes on her own and doesn't need the doctor's help; they sound kind of like quacks.
How ridiculous. And membrane stripping dangerous? Seriously? I wish it was sooner so she ould find a new doc.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

June 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Petuniababoon's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_Love View Post
I wish it was sooner so she ould find a new doc.

Sara

June 2nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow!?! What not to tell a pregnant lady her "last week" of pregnancy. I'm sorry her appointment didn't go well... I'd be pissed too!

June 2nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would have told them to F off ! They are out of their minds!! I just got my second sweep in office and I and baby are just fine! I hope her lil one comes soon for her sake.

June 3rd, 2011, 03:48 AM
daisey609's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL2lissy8 View Post

the NP decided that possibly she was not 39 weeks at all but more like 38-ish and thus said that her EDD was now 6/16 rather than 6/9. WHAAAATTTT!!!! katelyn was so extremely upset. then one of the nurses told her to have sex 3 times a day to induce labor if she really didn't want to wait till the 16th. oh sure, no problem.

needless to say, she is disappointed and pissed.
I've learned to ignore due dates really... its just a rough guess anyway... but as for the comments she has had to endure.... that is just rude. It almost seems malice of the nursing staff to make such a suggestion because it sounds so improbable. I'd complain too!!!
June 3rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Im sorry she is so miserable...hopefully her baby comes on her own and soon.
As far as doctors not stripping membranes because it can be dangerous..well thats true..it *CAN* be. It often isnt but sometimes if they arent careful it can rupture the bag of waters and the cord can ben swept out. Its rare but it happens. Sounds like the doctor is just trying to cover their behinds...OB's have one of the highest rate of malpractice so it isnt surprising they cover their butts when they can.
Its good that she IS dilating...I was stuck at 1 cm forever with my first. But dilation means nothing with how close to labor you are since it can go 0 to bam shortly or you can be stuck at 3-4 for weeks. She is only 39 weeks she has some time..it will happen. I know everyone is anxious but baby will come when she is ready.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search