Getting the urge to cut it off again! Anyone else?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hair cut time!!! This happened around this time with DD too, and it's in no way related to the weather. I just get this urge to cut it shorter. I'm feeling weighed down by hair, it's annoying me, and I just want it GONE. So next week I'm going to go in an do something about it. Problem is, I look terrible with short hair. BUT I will FEEL better, so whatever.

Anyone else get this urge?
June 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yup! I made my hairdresser promise she won't do it. I absolutely 100% know I won't like it, even though it will be sooooo much easier! My hair is so thick, I absolutely dread drying it in the summer (no central AC here), and it takes so long to dry 100% and then run a straightener through. But I know I won't like it, so I tell myself not to do it!

June 2nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
Happy Mommy
I did a month or so ago, but I resisted. and I'm glad i did
June 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I normally keep my hair pretty short. I decided when I got pregnant, that I'd enjoy the nice hair growth and grow it out to at least ponytail length, since ponytails will be easy to do when I'm tired with baby stuff.

Its getting hot and my hair sitting on my neck is driving me crazy. Plus it's now at an awkward length where it doesn't want to do ANYTHING that I try to do with it.

I don't think I'm going to last much longer before I cut it all off again.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 2nd, 2011, 07:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yup, I just made an appointment for a cut on Saturday Last time she didn't cut it as short as I usually get it, so it's longer than I like it and it's bugging me, especially with the warmer weather. I thought about waiting until closer to my due date, but I'll just get a trim in a few months. I usually get mine about shoulder length, so I can still throw it up most days instead of having to do it everyday.

June 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Just got it cut 2 weeks ago! lol. Did the same thing when pregnant with Erin, but resisted when pregnant with Patrick because I was growing it out to donate.

June 2nd, 2011, 08:52 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got four inches cut off this past Friday. Not a major change but it definitely feels better on my neck given the hot, humid weather. I had an urge to cut it shorter but reminded myself that being able to put my hair in a ponytail will be an asset once the baby gets here. My hair goes back and forth between being super short, really long and everything in between so cutting it short is no biggie to me.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

June 2nd, 2011, 09:06 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yup Im thinking about chopping it off right before my baby shower so its all done and I dont have to do anything. lol.

June 2nd, 2011, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I cut twelve inches off while pregnant with DS. Haven't regretted it for a moment. So now I just get the urge to get it cleaned up since it is still super short!

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
June 2nd, 2011, 09:39 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I think I'll get it cut in July. At least a few inches off and some style added to it so I don't feel as gross.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 2nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ohhh, I need a haircut so bad! I have thought about taking some length off, I have been everything from super short to super long when I donated 12 inches. I don't think I can bring myself to do super short because growing it out is painful.
June 3rd, 2011, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My hair is naturally curly so it is a real pia.....i can't wear my hair to short or I look like a mushroom LOL!! so my hair is pretty long....about 2 weeks ago I went in and got about 3-4 inches cut off!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
June 3rd, 2011, 05:22 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not this time! i did with tori... .shouldnt have done it - my face was too full to pull it off!

this time i a really liking my thick wavy hair! wish it would stay that way
June 3rd, 2011, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG I just had my sister cut and color my hair last night!! I got about 4 inches off and it feels sooooo much better!!

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

June 3rd, 2011, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Yes, but I know if I do that I won't be able to make a ponytail, which would be a pain in the summer!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
June 3rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need a haircut desperately. Last time I had it cut was when I was around 12 wks, so it's been awhile. I don't want it short 'cuz I'll want a ponytail when baby comes. I've been wanting to make an appt, but we've been short on $ so I've been having to wait...

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
June 3rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope, I did it with kaiya and I told her to keep it below the shoulders, Yeah that is exactly what she didn't do. This time I am trying to see how long I can get it. It's about to my lower back.

June 3rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I'm really ready to cut mine, but I'll probably end up only getting a trim. Neely likes the long hair.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search