How is time going for you? fast, slow??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
mzbrnbear's Avatar GabrielandLiliana'sMommy
BTDT moms, is it just me, or does this pregnancy seem almost like surreal, like you blink and something new is happening, and you feel like you just found out you were pg yesterday???

New mommies, are you finding time to go by quick, or is it a hurry up and wait game? I know with my first, I wanted it all to hurry along...the last few weeks were torcher!
June 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's going by WAY too fast!

June 2nd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Veteran
I am a first time mommy and time is going by soooooooooooo slow for me. I feel like it was ages ago when I first found out I was pregnant. Part of it may be due to all the morning sickness I've had. 4 months of it and still counting! Feeling nauseated and puking almost daily from 6 weeks on can make each day seem like an eternity.

Another reason I think it's gone by slow is because i have literally taken things day by day. I've been so worried about miscarriage all along that the way I've dealt with it is by focusing on the fact that my baby and I have gotten through one more day. THis has helped deal with my anxiety a TON, but it's made the overall time seem like forever.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella1002 View Post
I am a first time mommy and time is going by soooooooooooo slow for me. I feel like it was ages ago when I first found out I was pregnant. Part of it may be due to all the morning sickness I've had. 4 months of it and still counting! Feeling nauseated and puking almost daily from 6 weeks on can make each day seem like an eternity.

Another reason I think it's gone by slow is because i have literally taken things day by day. I've been so worried about miscarriage all along that the way I've dealt with it is by focusing on the fact that my baby and I have gotten through one more day. THis has helped deal with my anxiety a TON, but it's made the overall time seem like forever.
Well, that is a great way to cope, I can certainly understand, I hate that it is creeping along for you, but just think, a few more weeks, and you will be half way finished! That's got to be exciting.
June 2nd, 2011, 07:18 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
It's going by SUPER fast for me!
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

June 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
It always goes SO fast for me! I might need it to slow down a little!!

June 2nd, 2011, 07:27 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It seems like it's going by so fast, but my gender u/s is taking forever to come!

June 2nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
With my first pregnancy, time literally seemed to craaaawwwwwwl. It was awful! Only the last 6 weeks or so seemed to go more quickly.

But this time? OMGosh, where has the time gone??? I still picture this peanut-sized fetus inside me, when really my baby is almost half a foot long from head to butt, and kicks me every day. Caleb and life in general keep me so distracted that I guess I just don't have the time to obsess over the pregnancy like I did the first time.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 2nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Ree!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This pregnancy is going by really slow so far! Finally just getting over the morning sickness, and I have ZERO energy but still have to chase a two year old around. (Hence why I am barely able to post) It was the same way with my son until the 20 week mark, and then it started flying by. It seems like once I find out the gender and am able to start buying for the baby, the speed picks up.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
- Jimi Hendrix

June 2nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
for me its a little of both... it seems it was just yesterday i was struggling to conceive, and as if i just found out i was pregnant... now im 16 weeks pregnant! on the other hand, i am so excited to meet my little guy that it feels like time is standing still... its both fast and slow! grrr...

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

June 2nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
It's flying by for me. Seems like yesterday I had my first appointment and in 13 days I'll be finding out the sex. I've already felt movement and it's getting more and more noticeable. What I used to refer to as a bump is now a full blown pregnancy belly. Ahhh...how does time fly by!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
June 3rd, 2011, 03:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Way too fast!! I can't believe I will be 16 weeks next week. Crazy!

June 3rd, 2011, 05:29 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
First time mama, and its going fast and slow for me.

Each week seems like its taken forever to get here, but then I look back and go holy **** its been 10 weeks since I found out!!!

So its a weird mismatch of thoughts. Just can't wait to start feeling LoveBug
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
June 3rd, 2011, 05:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Jessica.. View Post
It seems like it's going by so fast, but my gender u/s is taking forever to come!
Ditto!

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 3rd, 2011, 06:23 AM
Super Mommy
this is my first pregnancy and its going by extremely fast. I mean, in 2 weeks, I will be 1/2 way done and will only have 20 more weeks until Riley is here. !!!
June 3rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is going super fast for me. I know a huge part is that I have DS to chase around so I am less focused on me and more focused on him. I am wondering how quick the summer will go since I won't have the distraction of work? It is hard to beleive we are almost half way there! It seems like we were all just announcing our pregnancies and obsessing over sticks!

June 3rd, 2011, 08:14 AM
I agree that chasing toddlers distracts you and the time gets away. I think that once I know what I am having, it is deff. going to pick up even more...wow
June 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
Super fast, considering I didn't find out til 15 weeks!

June 3rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way as Jessica!. Going fast but waiting for Gender scan....

June 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I feel at moments its super fast and then others times I feel like its forever until my next appointment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search