Squished stomach! TMI

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 10:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have heartburn/acid reflux/indigestion or whatever in the world you call it when you feel like you've got stomach acid coming up your throat and it burns your throat. I have it often while NOT pregnant but usually a few tums later I have no problem. With this pregnancy it's been horrible (as with my first pregnancy) and I eat tums quite a few times a day along with an acid controller (kirkland brand I forget what it's called). Anyways, last night I guess it wasn't enough to battle the acid. I had a few sips of water before going to bed. TMI COMING!!

I woke up at midnight by burping a mouthful of stomach acid into my mouth. Not really any food, just what tasted like straight stomach acid as I ran to the bathroom to spit it out. NASTYYYYYYY I am SO over this. I just hope it doesn't happen again tonight. I'm thinking about going to bed soon but that's all I can think of "I hope that doesn't happen again!"

June 2nd, 2011, 11:33 PM
Sahoko's Avatar Super Mommy
I had same thing happen like a week or so ago... but I was even more unlucky and woke to basically drowning in it cause I had breathed in right at the moment it decided to attack...
June 3rd, 2011, 12:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a milkshake every evening, it's the only thing I've found that will combat heartburn.
Give it a try, something about the dairy and the cold that keeps stomach acid at bay. Also unlike pills, it begins to work the second you swollow. And it's delicious.
June 3rd, 2011, 12:27 AM
Sahoko's Avatar Super Mommy
Odd... and tempting... LOL.
June 3rd, 2011, 03:45 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Ohhh yuck!! I'd definitely try the milkshake thing, even if it doesn't work, you get a milkshake!
June 3rd, 2011, 06:04 AM
Tippy's Avatar ♥ So Blessed ♥
I'm sorry you are going through all this - but - you are not alone. This happens to me all day and night. I was put on Reglan to help, but it's really not helping that much anymore. Baby is breech and the more she grows the worse it is.

My TMI - 8 hours after eating, food is still not completely digested. If I even attempt to lay down, I'm making a run for the bathroom. A few nights ago, my sciatic nerve was giving me trouble and I couldn't jump up as fast as I needed to and got sick all over the floor in my bedroom (thank goodness for hardwood floors).

I have learned to not drink any fruit juices, water (flavored or otherwise) or ice tea anywhere near bedtime. I actually cannot drink juices at all with this pregnancy, which I dearly miss. If I need something to drink before bed, I found that chocolate milk (don't like regular milk) will help some.

I have been 'sleeping' (if you call it that) with 2 pillows under my head. One if further down, so it's elevating me at my chest/shoulders and the other under my head. They overlap, so it's a bit of an incline. Although doesn't help 100% and do have to take Tums like candy, it helps enough to get a few hours of sleep a night.

Wife & Mom to 4
Gestational Surrogate to Siblings ~ Sarah 12/04 & Ryan 1/06
Donor Embryo Recipient ~ 10/06 (m/c @ 13w & 2 chemicals)
Tubal Reversal Surgery ~ 11/07
Angels in Heaven ~ 5/07, 11/08, 6/09, 3/10 & 8/10
Failed Adoption ~ 2/09-10/09
Failed attempts w/a Traditional Surrogate ~ 12/09-6/10

♥ Our little miracle has arrived ♥
7/18/11 - 11:15pm - 9lbs. 2 ozs - 22.25 inches long

June 3rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had this really bad last week. This week seems to be a bit better, but it was really nasty!

June 3rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Super Mommy
I had this really bad too. Right after I had my son 11 months ago it was HORRIBLE. I went to urgent care one night because I was in so much pain from it. She gave me some good drugs but then I got preggo again so I couldn't take them. I was okay but the last 3 months has been horrid. I talked to my OB about it and she did a bunch of research and gave me a perscription for something called pantoprazole which I take every day. I haven't had heartburn since I've been on it. It's wonderful!! It took a while to get the script because she wanted to give me a class B drug and it took a while for insurance to approve it. I'm so so so much happier now!
June 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
Super Mommy
Raw celery is the best known natural remedy! Google it! Ooooh, but a milkshake sounds much better! YUM!

June 3rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
aww..i hope it goes away hun!! HUGS! feel better!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search