Charlie Horses?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2011, 03:43 AM
~Justine~'s Avatar Super Mommy
Ok is anyone else getting them???

I had an attack lastnight in the middle of the night, it was in my calf and in my hip and OMG did it ever hurt! I was in so much pain I couldn't move and I was crying from the pain. Jay got up and started rubbing my leg and trying to stretch it but it hurt even more, he felt so bad but said he had to do it cause he use to get them all the time. But I find this morning it is so tender and sore to walk on it is crazy!

Anyone else have any idea's on what to do to not have them? or what to do when you do have one?

Thank you to Mistyx6 for my siggy!

June 3rd, 2011, 03:55 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I get them all the time! It's so awful I get them more in the night than any other time too.. someone told me to eat lots of bananas, but I haven't tried it yet.. actually I forgot all about it until now..
June 3rd, 2011, 03:59 AM
casiecole's Avatar Regular
almost every night!! i got them real bad at first but not my brain i think is programed to wait for them whille im sleeping so i catch them before they get too bad..its always hard for me when i get up..like i could collapse

June 3rd, 2011, 04:50 AM
Super Mommy
me too, i've gotten them with all 3 pregnancies. They are aweful, the only thing that helps me is to stand up on it.

Elizabeth

Emily
June 3rd, 2011, 05:18 AM
sexypepsi25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bananas work to keep the number down and as much as it sucks when you get them try to stand and walk it out.

June 3rd, 2011, 05:40 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Something I heard that has helped me get rid of them quickly every single time is (assuming you're laying on your back) slowly point your toes up towards the ceiling. It sounded way too simple to work, but I haven't had a cramp in my leg last more than 10 seconds since I learned it.

June 3rd, 2011, 06:46 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I wake up with leg cramps almost every night... My mom taught me the point and flex trick. When you wake up with it point your toes as far as you can and then flex them up towards your ankles. It works the kinks out of your muscles.

The massage therapirt told me to drink water and eat a ton of bananas.

June 3rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I get them all the time now! Like even when I am just stretching or shifting sides!! They are horrid! I do the 'point and flex' thing Katie mentioned, and although it still hurts, it does not last as long as if I just lay there in pain.
June 3rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
honeybee82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get them quite frequently in the morning while I am still laying in bed and stretching my legs...hurts so bad but I just try and stretch it out

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!

June 3rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Pointing my toes out is what causes them for me in the first place, I usually forget and do it when I'm stretching, and then get a big knot in my calf

June 3rd, 2011, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I get them all the time too! It sucks! Bananas and water will definitely help!!

June 3rd, 2011, 08:08 AM
~Justine~'s Avatar Super Mommy
but when you ladies get them do you also get it in your hips? Cause lastnight it was in my leg and also in my hip at the same time. And I found that after I got that released Ryan was going crazy inside, I was scared maybe the pain of it hurt him or something or like startled him cause I know it startled me right out of a deep sleep.

Thank you to Mistyx6 for my siggy!

June 3rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Massage makes them worse, next time have your husband stretch your leg the pain will go away in seconds.

They happen because of an electrolite imbalance, drinking large amounts of Gatoraide help.
June 3rd, 2011, 10:53 AM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Yes I get them too! If I accidently point my toes, that is what usually triggers them.... then I have to flex them towards the ceiling and roll my ankle to work the kink out. It SUCKS!
June 3rd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Super Mommy
Yup! I hate them! What the girls are saying is true and heres a little rhyme to remember: When you get the Charlie Horse woes, point your toes to your nose! lol! I'm a poet and didn't know it!

June 3rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Keepin' it real!
Justine- OMG this happened to me last night too. It is horrible! I also tried to massage it out, but it did hurt worse! OMG. I am sorry you all have these pains too, but I bet it's because our muscle tissue needs a little more water or something.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
June 3rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexypepsi25 View Post
Bananas work to keep the number down and as much as it sucks when you get them try to stand and walk it out.
I dont like bananas but that is what i had to start doing..i get them every night almost..and they are soo painful..but if i eat a banana before bed..im fine..other then pain in the hips im afraid that wont go away till baby is here

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search