40 week appointment today!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2011, 06:42 AM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be officially 40 weeks tomorrow but today will be considered my 40 week appointment. Last week I was only 1cm (and I think he was being generous) and 40% effaced. He was going to strip my membranes but I wasn't dilated enough so I'm hoping I have had some big progress and he can do it today. I'm worried I haven't progressed because while I've had a little pinching/cramping this week, I've still not had a contraction (that I've felt anyways).

He will only let me go a week over so I'm not sure if he will talk about induction today or if we will have that discussion at my 41 week appointment (that I so desperately hope I don't make it to lol)

So say some prayers for me that I've got some progress going on We can't wait to meet our little girl and ummm DH's parents are coming down on Tuesday... and we're REALLY hoping she comes before then...
June 3rd, 2011, 06:47 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fingers and toes crossed for you mama! KUP after your appt!

June 3rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Fingers crossed - KUP when you get back from your appt.

June 3rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
Good luck! ive had it done at 1 cm, which got me to like a 2 lol, i wasnt ready for labor, i hope you can get a good stripping and get something moving!!
June 3rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the appt goes well and that a stripping can be done!! I'll send some labor vibes!!!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

June 4th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was too frustrated lol

I am still only at 1cm and 40% He said it doesn't look like my body wants to progress. Here is the current plan now:

Monday - NST and ultrasound
Tuesday - Appointment to check cervix again. If it is favorable for an induction we will induce Wednesday morning. If not...
Thursday - NST
Friday - Appointment to check cervix again.

I'm terrified of going very overdue because my sister was a week over due and there were complications both with her and with my niece. My niece was actually still born with no heartbeat and not breathing. By a miracle her heart started beating and she took her first breath at 12 minutes old.

I know that it isn't likely that it would happen with me but it still terrifies me and makes me too anxious to go too over due.
June 4th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Aw, big hugs. I hope baby girl decides to come on her own this weekend. Have you been doing anything to naturally induce her (walking, sex, nipple stimulation, etc.)?

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
June 4th, 2011, 06:47 AM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
Thankfully you still have a few days, hopefully you'll go naturally still!
June 4th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Yep, all of those things. Although I'm running out of places to walk haha We live in FL and it is crazy hot already so I had been doing a 3 mile walk around a local lake but it's just too hot for that now. The people at Walmart probably thought we were crazy last time

I think we're going to try to get out of the house today and just find something normal to do and hopefully if I'm not sitting around just thinking about it all day my body will relax about it.
June 4th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Julie
I can understand why you are anxious, I went about a week overdue with my first baby so it's tough to hang in there so long. I'm sending some labor vibes your way!!
June 4th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Petuniababoon's Avatar Super Mommy
Praying you go into labor soon!

Sara

June 4th, 2011, 08:31 AM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
It is soooooo common/normal for first-time mommies to go overdue. Why is your doc pushing it so much? Are you having health complications? Even so, I think that at 41 weeks your body should be pretty ready and hopefully you'll respond favorably to induction methods. My induction was a nightmare, but that had more to do with my doc and the hospital. Either way, we'll be praying that you go on your own before you need to talk about an induction.

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

June 4th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Well he would be okay with me waiting, but because of the scary situation with my sister (that could have possibly been avoided by an induction) - for my own peace of mind I'm okay with being induced. BUT he/I won't be doing it unless it appears my body is reciprocal to it to minimize the possible complications - the doctor is actually being really good about letting me voice my opinions on our plan thankfully.
June 4th, 2011, 09:58 PM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
Well I hope your body starts showing you signs of labor soon so you can avoid an induction.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

June 4th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am still only at 1cm and 40% He said it doesn't look like my body wants to progress.
Hmm bit of a rude & unnecessary thing to say. Some dilation & effacement before labour is great! Alot of women aren't dilated at ALL before the onset of labour.

Quote:
I'm terrified of going very overdue because my sister was a week over due and there were complications both with her and with my niece. My niece was actually still born with no heartbeat and not breathing. By a miracle her heart started beating and she took her first breath at 12 minutes old.
It sounds like you have some very genuine anxiety because of this & it's totally natural. IMO fear can hold us back.

Try to have some quiet calm time to yourself, just you & baby, & let all of the worries & anxieties go. Focus on you & your birth, & let everything else slide away. Don't worry about the dilation & effacement, when you go into labour it should all happen then, not before

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search