Question for Hospital/Birth Center Mommas

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Jade27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .t.e.r.r.a. View Post
Will you allow the nursery take your baby so you can get some rest?

I let them take Haydon to the nursery, but since I was trying to breast feed him they only had him there for a couple hours, and even though I was tired the adreneline was going through me and it was impossible to sleep knowing he wasn't in the room with me. I'm not even going to try this time, and I'll just keep Harper in my room the whole time, and snuggle with her as much as possible!
I tried this too, but couldn't sleep knowing she wasn't there and DH couldn't stay with me. If he had been there the whole time, I would have kept her. I haven't decided what I'll do now.
June 4th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They don't do that at my hospital anymore. Baby will be in-room the whole time.

10 weeks

June 4th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Keepin' it real!
I sure as heck did. I took advantage of getting rest, because once the baby goes home, you are working all day long to meet their needs and that gets very exhausting! Plus, your body is also trying to heal from birth or surgery. But everyone's different.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
June 4th, 2011, 08:32 AM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't even let them take her away for the hearing test. I had to go with her.

My husband can walk around with him or take him to the visitors room for the family to see him while I rest. I have no problem with that, but I don't like the idea of giving him away to a nurse. They were so rough with my daughter last time
June 4th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will not. It sounds nice but I remember how I felt with Mason and there was no way they were taking him from me. Also, baby is less of an issue for me with sleep than the nurses who have to take my BP and what not every 30 mintues. That started to drive me CRAZY after a couple days. I had surgery after delivery so I'm not sure if with a normal delivery there is so much nurse interuption (don't get me wrong though...I LOVED my nurses)...they were doing their job and making sure I was healthy...it just meant no sleep for me I am ok with that. Post-Mason sleep is just something that isn't as important anymore.
June 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
No way! I am not even letting them clean Jude off once he comes out. If all is well I want skin to skin contact even when his cord is still attached (which my hospital leaves it attached up to 3 minutes) Other then them taking him away after those first three minutes to wash him up etc I don't want him to leave me again unless it is an emergency

June 4th, 2011, 09:13 AM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
When I had Haydon a nurse came waltzing into my room and scooped Haydon up out of his bassinet and started heading for the sink to give him a bath without even saying a word to me! I was so pissed! I had to ask her what she was doing, and then I had to scramble to get up so I could be involved with his first bath. NO WAY am I letting anything like that happen again. I am giving Harper her first bath, and no one touches her without my permission! I wish I was more aggresive when Haydon was born!
June 4th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
That would of made me so mad! Did you give them a birth plan?
I would of started yelling and raising hell. Don't be afraid to do that this time around!

June 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM
mishymama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not an issue for home birth, but with my hospital births-no way! It's my baby and I'm too excited to have them here to send them away.
June 4th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No. When they went to the nursery DH went with them and other then that they were in with me!
June 4th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The hospital here does promote rooming-in but you can send them to the nursery. I dont think we will, unless some how I am left by myself in the hosptial and HAVE to take a shower. Otherwise bf can take her if I need a break, or my sister. I dont want to miss out on all those first little things.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

June 4th, 2011, 08:26 PM
honeybee82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on letting them take Hailey until I feel rested up...they will still bring her to the room when its time for a feeding though so I am not too worried.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!

June 5th, 2011, 01:48 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
u all are soo lucky.. in here they take the baby to the nursery anyways.. its like we have to request them to keep her.. but in the nights they take the baby anyways and only bring them for feeds..!! its a stupid policy in these hospitals.. that to not let other patients not get disturbed.. but im trying to fight it out a bit this time.. like even last time i did and tried and kept baby with me for most of the nights..!
only thing was last time though cos of the c-sec i was feeling soo bleh with the pain meds and all. i was soo dizzy most of the time..!! but im trying for my vbac this time and will definitely try to keep her with me as much as i can to bf her..!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search