Question for Hospital/Birth Center Mommas

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Will you allow the nursery take your baby so you can get some rest?

I let them take Haydon to the nursery, but since I was trying to breast feed him they only had him there for a couple hours, and even though I was tired the adreneline was going through me and it was impossible to sleep knowing he wasn't in the room with me. I'm not even going to try this time, and I'll just keep Harper in my room the whole time, and snuggle with her as much as possible!
June 3rd, 2011, 04:36 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Nope! i dont think our hospital has a nursery anyway..but if they did..i wouldnt let them take her! I think im gonna have a hard enough time letting family and all that hold her! lol!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
June 3rd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My hospital had a room in with baby, so you had the baby with you at all times unless they needed to do something. At night during certain hours, you could request them to take the baby to the nursery for a few hours, but I never wanted to

Not sure if the hospital I am delivering at this time has the same policy, but even if they don't. Katelyn will be staying in my room unless they need to do something.

June 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM
Destiny
I still feel weird letting people watch Eliana and she's a year and a half, it would take a lot to convince me to be separated from my newborn.

June 3rd, 2011, 04:51 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
The only reason I let them take Haydon was because everyone told me that I should so I could rest. I didn't really want them to take him, so instead I just layed there with my eyes wide open worrying about him. Definatley, definatley not going to listen to what everyone else says I should do this time!
June 3rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
If I REALLY need rest, and Im just not getting any.. i may try... but id prolly mark her with a marker or something to make sure i get her back... haha

June 3rd, 2011, 05:24 PM
mommabirdof4
Nope...unless there is a medical issue with one of the boys...I have fought hard to keep the boys out of the NICU so no way do I want the boys away from me.
June 3rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
No! After all the hard work to get her out (not to mention lugging her around all this time), I'm going to enjoy the fruits of my labor and keep her with me! The hospital I'll be in strongly encourages rooming in with the baby anyway, and I don't think they offer to take the baby, I'd have to ask for it.

June 3rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No way I want my baby taken away! If I need a nap after labor, Dh will be the one caring for baby

June 3rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No way. Oren just slept the entire time we were in the birthing center anyhow. I still have bad dreams that I've forgotten to feed him that first 24 hours because he really didn't make a peep!

Thank you CupcakeJamie for my beautiful siggy!

June 3rd, 2011, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With Cameron he was taken for a couple of hours, almost overnight because of issues with stuff in his lungs, so if there is nothing wrong with this little guy he is staying with me. I felt awful, like I hadn't even had a baby when they took him.

June 3rd, 2011, 06:46 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Nope.
June 3rd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I let the nurses take DS for a few hours one night after they needed to do some tests. I didn't sleep much anyway because I had my nurse in my room every 30 minutes to an hour checking BP and pain levels etc. So I didn't get much sleep anyway. This time I plan on keeping both babies with me unless they need special care for any reason (which hopefully they won't).

June 3rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
MissImpatientlyWaiting's Avatar Super Mommy
Heck no, I may be a little paranoid because of my separation but I don't even plan on letting Caleb out of my sight, as long as medical issues don't require it. If he has to go to the nursery for the pediatrician exam my mom will be going with him!
June 3rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I let them take baby for all the tests and what not they have to do and also when i need to shower. otherwise, there's no real point. I can't ever sleep anyways.

June 3rd, 2011, 07:54 PM
Super Mommy
At the birthing center, I wasn't allowed visitors (included my DS's father, not that I wanted him around all that much anyway) from 6 pm to 8 am. I let them take him once at that time because I wanted a shower, but otherwise, he was with me the whole time. I was sweating so much that it was critical I get a shower in! Other than that, I wanted DS by my side the whole time.

This time, I'll have DH around, and visitors, and I'll just let someone else hold him if I need a shower.
June 3rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Nope, Sophia will be staying in the room with me. If I need anyone else to watch her while I grab a shower or rest or anything, it'll be SO.
June 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
Happy Mommy
depends how I feel, with C i did. and they just brought her to me the first night when she was ready to nurse. after being awake as long as I had been, I needed that.
June 4th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
My hospital has 24 hour room in available and they do it unless you specifically request the baby to be brought to the nursery. With DS, I tried to do the room in but I couldn't rest at all (had a c-section) and I remember 1 morning (like, 4:30am) I called the nursery to take Eli so I could get some rest. This time around, I think I may have them take the baby for a few hours so I can rest. I will tell them I am BFing on demand so anytime she is hungry she should be brought back to me.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
June 4th, 2011, 05:20 AM
~Justine~'s Avatar Super Mommy
No way, when I had Nevaeh I never slept at all in hosptial. I was scared to death because a few weeks before there was a baby snatched from one of the other hosptials. So there was no way my baby was leaving my side. When I had to shower DH came to the hosptial and stayed with her, or when they took her for her test's my mom went with her. And then I rested like crazy when I got home.

This time the hosptial told me that the only time the take baby out of your sight is if something is wrong, so as long as nothing is wrong then he will be in room with me for the time I am there.

Thank you to Mistyx6 for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search