Weight gain

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2011, 06:04 PM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
So I had another appointment yesterday - this time they really didn't do much. Just got my weight and blood pressure, measured the size of the uterus and listened to the heartbeat. Everything checked good, heartbeat was 154bpm. They said I gained 1.5 lbs in the last 4 weeks since my last appointment. Is that a lot so early in the pregnancy? How much are you ladies gaining?

June 3rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I've gained 5lbs total so far.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
June 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
1.5 lbs in 4 weeks is great this early on. By the third trimester, you should typically gain about a pound a week. I think from the book What to Expect When You're Expecting, that a healthy first-trimester gain is a total of 6-7 lbs, so you sound below the mark, which means you definitely haven't gained too much.

I think I've gained a total of about 5 or 6 lbs by now, depending on the bloat. LoL

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
June 3rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
I've gained a total of 7 lbs...OMG I'm already mortified.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
June 4th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Carey
1.5 lbs is not too much at all for four weeks. That is great for the end of the first trimester and beginning of the second. Expect it to pick up soon and don't be freaked out when you gain 3 to 5 in a month. That is a good thing starting probably at 20 to 24 weeks.

June 4th, 2011, 05:05 AM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh good!!! I was getting a little worried that it was too much. I sit almost all day at work and don't like cold weather so I haven't been doing much outside until now (yep lazy I guess). I love to be outside - don't get me wrong - but it has been raining almost every day and it's not as warm as it should be either.

June 4th, 2011, 05:07 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
I still haven't "gained" anything yet... I lost 5 pounds... so trying to gain that back... but 1.5 pounds is not bad at all... try not to obsess over your weight..

June 4th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Super Mommy
i gained 1 lb in the first 4 months. But I am slightly heavier than I should be so the doctor said this is ok.
June 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Sounds like you're doing great! My OB said 0-5lbs in the first trimester, 1/2 a pound a week (6-8 pounds) in the second trimester, and 1-2 pounds a week in the 3rd trimester for a woman of average size, shooting for 25-30 pounds over the pregnancy. An underweight woman would probably be advised to gain more, and a heavier woman probably 15-20lbs, but it's nothing to obsess about--it's healthy to gain weight during pregnancy and for most people 15-25 pounds will melt off in the week after delivery without doing anything.

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (1)

June 4th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Veteran
I too have lost weight 9 lbs actually but I have never eaten this healthy in my life......my cravings have basically been a ton of fruit
June 4th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's not a bad gain at all!! I haven't gained much last appt I had only gained a total of 2lbs between my first appt and 3rd appt which were a month apart (April 11th and than May 19th) I'm happy with my weight gain..I gained 40ish lbs with Aidan and I plan on gaining no more than 30lbs with this one...

June 4th, 2011, 06:18 PM
MiniMom's Avatar Head Lady Bird
pfft...I gained 6 lbs in the first trimester and 5 lbs already in the second. Doc said that I'm doing great so I'm not even thinking about it. It's all in my belly and hips anyway.

June 4th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Leffew's Avatar is baking!
I gained 5lbs by 9 weeks. At wic the other day, I'd gained .5 lb and I got the evil eye. I had an u/s later that day and that .5lb was the weight of the baby. With #1 I gained a pound a week until 30w, then I gained 2lbs a week for the next 9 weeks. #2 I gained 11lbs each trimester, and #3 I don't remember how it was distributed, but I gained 27lbs. I really wish I were gaining more since I started out pretty low for my normal weight.

1.5lb is not much gain at all for 4 weeks. I wouldn't be concerned

<--- again!
June 4th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I have been so sick with this pregnancy that so far I have lost about 10 lbs. Since my morning sickness has eased up some and I've been able to keep more food down I believe I have gained approx. 2 lbs back. I feel like I need to be putting on more weight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search