Are you ok w/family members posting pics of baby before you on FB?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ive have been contemplating weather to tell my family that i do not want them to post pics of my baby on fb before i do, but i dont wanna start any drama (we a pretty drama free family but still) i just dont wanna see pics of my lil nb on fb before i get the chance to make that annoucement , do you think that would be rude if i tell them that?

My hubby thinks its no big deal , but i wanna wait a lil before exposing my lil nb , i might post some of the birth ,nothing grafic just me and baby but not fully exposing babies face , if ppl wanna see the baby they can pay me a visit but seriously i can already see ppl bugging me to post pics of baby but yet they wont visit you , kwim?

Im i being to overproctective?

June 4th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Well, it's your baby, so if you wanna announce on FB yourself, go ahead and tell everyone to let you do it first. If anyone fusses, tell them your new mommy-senses are overriding you and they should comply if they know what's good for 'em.

I live far away from my friends and family, so it doesn't bother me at all. If I lived close to anyone, I'd rather they come see me though. I actually just made myself a FB album for Gabe 'cause I saw my dad already had!

My Boring Blog
June 4th, 2011, 09:36 AM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
I think with the people I know it goes without saying that I'll be posting the pics. DH's mother asks for permission before doing anything, so she shouldn't be an issue. And my mom lives 2000 miles away. One of DH's cousins might be a problem (she's a little dense and obnoxious) but I don't expect to allow her up to see the baby anyway, as her skills with babies and children are lacking, to say the very least.

How do you think your family will get the pictures? Do you think they'll go to the hospital, take a pic of the baby in the nursery, and never come to visit you?

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

June 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemaggi View Post
How do you think your family will get the pictures? Do you think they'll go to the hospital, take a pic of the baby in the nursery, and never come to visit you?
No hospital for us , as we are having a homebirth ,so family will have to visit me at our home in order to see the baby.

The ppl i was talking about not visiting me or bugging me about pics are firends or cousins on FB that probably wont come and visit but are expecting pictures of baby as soon as its born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrrrrrr View Post
Well, it's your baby, so if you wanna announce on FB yourself, go ahead and tell everyone to let you do it first. If anyone fusses, tell them your new mommy-senses are overriding you and they should comply if they know what's good for 'em.

I live far away from my friends and family, so it doesn't bother me at all. If I lived close to anyone, I'd rather they come see me though. I actually just made myself a FB album for Gabe 'cause I saw my dad already had!

How cute your dad seems excited, I know my family is like that too but i dont want to hurt there feelings.

June 4th, 2011, 10:21 AM
no.absolutes's Avatar absolutelyNOT
As soon as I got the laptop in the hospital, I posted pics... Most of my family lives far away, so FB is the only way for them to keep up with me.

June 4th, 2011, 10:38 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a problem with people posting a picture of my baby on FB period! There are certain people that I DO NOT want seeing pictures of my baby, and since some of them are FB friends with my sister she will not be allowed to post any pics on her page unless she not only unfriends them, but also blocks them. If you don't want pics of your child on the internet that's your right, I see it as a major safety concern.

June 4th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
Its your baby, so its your choice. Im sure ill be the first to upload a photo seeing i will have wifi in the hospital, but if my brother comes im sure he will snap pictures on his phone and send them to his fb too.

anyone else who wants them will steal them off my FB and repost lol.
June 4th, 2011, 12:11 PM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
I will definitely be the first to post pics ^.^ That's one area no one is allowed to beat me to, but they know it. Heck, DH's parents actually asked us if they could be allowed to buy Squirt his first pair of jeans!! No one that would post before us is going to have a chance to, anyway.
I dunno, it just seems like something the parents should do first.
June 4th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyu910 View Post
I will definitely be the first to post pics ^.^ That's one area no one is allowed to beat me to, but they know it. Heck, DH's parents actually asked us if they could be allowed to buy Squirt his first pair of jeans!! No one that would post before us is going to have a chance to, anyway.
I dunno, it just seems like something the parents should do first.
Just like hey, this is my baby to be excited about. I know you're excited as well but please don't let that steal my thunder. I or DH get to be the first to do anything when it comes to Roghan.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

June 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Petuniababoon's Avatar Super Mommy
I was pissed when an acquaintance of ours posted that we were pregnant on FB before either of had a chance to post it ourselves. So no, we will definitely be the first to post the pics!

Sara

June 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniababoon View Post
I was pissed when an acquaintance of ours posted that we were pregnant on FB before either of had a chance to post it ourselves. So no, we will definitely be the first to post the pics!
ARE YOU SERIOUS?? I never mention anything on FB unless it is super clear that the other person has already posted something. It's called COMMON SENSE! Unfortunately, it's not that common I mean, I don't even post pictures of me with my friends kids without verbally asking them first. It's sad, I bet there are so many people who don't even have FB and their kids pictures are probably all over internet and they have no clue.

June 4th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniababoon View Post

My sil did that and i was pissed esp after i had told her that the pregnacy felt different , I m/c a fews weeks later .

June 4th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes09 View Post
I have a problem with people posting a picture of my baby on FB period! There are certain people that I DO NOT want seeing pictures of my baby, and since some of them are FB friends with my sister she will not be allowed to post any pics on her page unless she not only unfriends them, but also blocks them. If you don't want pics of your child on the internet that's your right, I see it as a major safety concern.
see i think thats my problem , im not a big fan of ppl posting pics of my kids esp if there others in thier fb firends list that im not firends with. Its so easy to steal pics online and when i do post pics i only make them viewable sp? to those who i choose to view my pics. and i know not everyones settings are like that , and god forbidd they post an ugly pic of me lol esp with my face being swollowing oh lord!

June 5th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will definitely be posting pics first, & would be really annoyed if anyone else did!

But I will have my phone on me & can up-load straight to facebook, so that's what I'll do when I am ready to

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
June 5th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes09 View Post
Ditto, I have a big issue with pictures of my babe being plastered on the internet.
I've started a Facebook album with baby stuff(ultrasounds, belly pics, etc...) that I have on a private setting. There are a few friends and family that live far away that have access, but everyone else will just have to come over and visit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search