Belly Touching

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do others try to touch your belly (other than SO and Children)? Do you get uncomfortable?
June 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Ritzbitz's Avatar In love with my daughter
my mother in law, nieces, mom and a few friends always touch my belly! i LOVE IT! hehe

thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

June 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
If they don't ask first it really bothers me.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

June 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Super Mommy
my MIL does and all her sisters. I absolutely hate it. I need my personal space. lol
June 4th, 2011, 10:31 AM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom and mother in law both do it and currently it really bugs me because it's NOT a baby bump yet!!! >_< I won't mind as much when it is (for them & DH only).. but right now it's just my fat. I keep reminding them of that every time in hopes it discourages them for now, but they can't take a hint. The point (for them) is that baby is in there somewhere, and they're saying "hi" or whatever. sigh.

And then my lovely mom.. who must not have truly noticed how large my belly has gotten over the years.. The last time she touched my belly and I rolled my eyes and told her it's STILL just my fat, she said, "Are you SURE??".. >_< Thanks mom. Yes, I'm sure I'm that fat around the middle. I live with it daily, I've been watching like a hawk and measuring myself often.. I'll know practically the SECOND I start to get a bump!

June 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Leffew's Avatar is baking!
LOL Uh... yes. One of the reasons I'd rather throw my own baby shower is because MIL would invite some of her more hoity toity crew, and the shirt I'd plan on wearing wouldn't be... terribly proper. Sure, she can still invite them. But If *I* am the host, I can wear what I want.

"If you touch my belly, I'll totally twist your titty"

Since I do injections, my belly HURTS! When someone does it without asking, I go off. If a stranger asks, I lift my shirt up and show them the bruises and say, "Absolutely not" My family knows to ask first. When we saw our family doctor a few weeks ago, she asked, and she was so amazed by it. She would just reach her hand out and rub it randomly while talking to me about my daughter's treatment. I don't mind people I know doing it with permission, only because they know to be gentle.

<--- again!
June 4th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Veteran
I don't really have a noticable bump yet, so I'm not getting it from strangers. However, I keep catching myself rubbing or holding my belly. DH is really starting to pay more attention to the "bump" as well.

June 4th, 2011, 04:14 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
I don't mind. I actually never have. I LOVE it!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
June 4th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't mind much either. I don't get it often enough for it to be annoying either. lol

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Tags
pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search