Classes

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Will you sign up for any baby prep classes? Have you toured your hospital, if not will you?
June 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
No. I don't think I'll sign for any this time. Last pregnancy I signed up for the big brother class for my oldest... it included a refresher for us (it had been 7 years) and a tour of the hospital. Andrew really enjoyed the big brother part, even though we missed the last class because Jacob decided to come a month early. I think it's a good idea for first time moms and dads... dh always got more out of the classes than I did... mainly because I'm on the internet reading things all the time

June 4th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Super Mommy
The hospital that I am delivering at offers a lot of classes. I am planning on taking one that is 5 classes in one and ends with the l/d tour. I am really excited.
June 4th, 2011, 12:41 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will definitely be taking a few classes. We both need a crash course and I think it'll make me feel more confident.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
June 4th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking about taking a few classes..I don't need a tour of the hospital, I'm delivering at the same hospital I gave birth to Aidan at! I like the hospital just wish their recovery rooms were a LITTLE bigger!! but oh well!! the delivery rooms are nice!!

June 4th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I took a ton of classes with DD breastfeeding, baby prep, hospital tour, lamaze. I didn't really like the breastfeeding class, it was informational but I didn't really learn much I prefer just meeting with the lactation consultant. I need to set up a time to tour the center we are planning on doing it after the anatomy scan hopefully they won't be to busy.
June 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
We are taking a prenatal course through public health. Which reminds me I have to call them to get my course dates again. lol
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
June 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I did sign up for the breastfeeding class since I didn't BF DD and I'm really wanting to. I will do a tour as well, but that's probably it.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
June 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would really like to take a breastfeeding class. I had a hard time with my DD latching on but I really wanted to her to have breast milk so I pumped and bottle-feed her. I hope this one will go smoother.

June 6th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
No classes this time around and I have seen all there is of the birth center.

June 6th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
With DS, we paid a doula to give us private classes. The childbirth class at the hospital was a 6 week session, and with DH's schedule, he couldn't be with me at 4 of the 6 classes...the doula came to our house, when the time was good for us, and went over everything in 2 classes. She also met with me right before my due date to go over breastfeeding and was available for me to call/text with any questions during and after labor, and after we got home for breastfeeding (she wasn't available to actually be my doula though because of something going on in her family)

This time, I won't be taking any classes since I will likely be having a scheduled c section this time, and I just quit nursing DS in November '10. I will be touring the hospital and meeting with the lactation consultant though, since I'm delivering at a different hospital this time.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 6th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Veteran
My local twins club does a preparing for life with twins class that I think DH and I will take.
June 6th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last time we took the childbirth class, breastfeeding class and an infant care class. DS is only 13 months, so it is all still pretty fresh! I am going to meet with an LC before delivery to try and see if I can do anything extra to prevent low milk supply like I had with DS. But other than that we are skipping the classes.

Tags
pregnancy , preparing for baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search