Moby wrap question for btdt moms...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How long before you're an expert at wrapping yourself and baby in that thing?

I tried it out (with a teddy bear lol) and I thought it was so messy and the wrap itself is sooooooo long that it would drag on the floor as I tried to wrap it... Kind of annoying...

I'm thinking eventually I will be more proficient at using it lol

Any experiences worth sharing??

June 4th, 2011, 01:16 PM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
you'll get the hang of it! I think the moby is slightly harder than the the karime because its not as stretchy so you have to get the wrapping right! but i bet once you've used it a few times you'll be fine!

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
June 4th, 2011, 03:43 PM
BlueStar26's Avatar Veteran
Good question! I will be buying mine this week so I have some time to practice. I'm going to be watching the on-line videos for sure!
June 4th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Once you use it a few times you willo be a pro. Everytime you get better.
June 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Super Mommy
i was wondering the same thing too! i just bought one. I just had old school snugglies with my girls so this is super complex for me lol.

Elizabeth

Emily
June 4th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used demos on youtube to figure out how to wrap myself and would copy them, I got it down pretty quick. I would always put it on before I left the house because trying to do it on the go is a pain in the rear!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

June 4th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydniesmommy View Post
I used demos on youtube to figure out how to wrap myself and would copy them, I got it down pretty quick. I would always put it on before I left the house because trying to do it on the go is a pain in the rear!
Ahhhhhh thanks for that tip! Lol that makes more sense

June 5th, 2011, 08:32 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
After a few times, you'll get the hang of it Online videos really help too!
June 5th, 2011, 08:52 AM
mommabirdof4
Quote:
Originally Posted by little.lili View Post
How long before you're an expert at wrapping yourself and baby in that thing?

I tried it out (with a teddy bear lol) and I thought it was so messy and the wrap itself is sooooooo long that it would drag on the floor as I tried to wrap it... Kind of annoying...

I'm thinking eventually I will be more proficient at using it lol

Any experiences worth sharing??
Watch some you tube videos...there are some really good ones. Bookmark a few so you can watch them once your LO is here. Pre-wrapping before you leave the house is GREAT!!! That way you don't have to worry about dragging the wrap on the ground or anything. There were some mornings with JoJo that I would pre-wrap the wrap and not take it off for hours...that way I could just pop her in and out as needed...normally for rough/fussy days.

Once you do it a few times it will get easier and easier...like anything there is a learning curve. Also if you notice the fabric getting a little loose (like the weave) washing it will tighten it right up.

Also feel free to ask questions here...there are a few veteren babywearing mommas here who would love to help!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search