Long few weeks... update

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies -

I've been away a lot lately, but trying to pop in and at least keep up to date on where everyone was, even if I don't have the time to post.

We were away on vacation for a week, and came home to try to get going on our bathroom renovations which have been taking a LOT longer than expected. At this rate, the baby might get here before we have a place to birth it! Yikes!
Then, last week, DHs uncle passed away - he was someone whom we were very close with, so it's been a very sad time for the last week... the viewing was on Wednesday night, which I missed because poor DS got a huge, what looked to be, spider bite on his side, and I ended up taking him to an emergent after-hours clinic. Then the funeral was on Thursday, which was followed by an all-out party (wake??) at another one of DH's aunt and uncles places. It was a late, late night (more like morning, really), but it was really good - a ton of people, including my inlaws, who we haven't had a realtionship with since the week before our wedding, almost 5 years ago. We began speaking throughout the week, and it looks like we're going to try and re-establish a relationship with them... not sure how I feel about it. My MIL literally ruined our wedding, and I don't have a happy memory from that day because of her. I've moved passed it, but I'm not sure what kind of a relationship will ever be available to us, but, if DH wants it, I have to do my best. I'm a little stressed about it, but whatever will be, will be.

Work has been very busy - I have a new-ish team lead who doesn't do any work himself, and thinks his job is to delegate everything amongst his team - which consists of a tech, a sr engg who also does nothing, one junior engineer, and myself... so the two of us basically end up doing everything. I did up my work plan last week, and realized that I still have about 4 months of work which need to be crammed into about 6 weeks (at very best), so my online time at work has been basically zero as of late.

But, all that said, everything seems to be good with the baby. My bp has been fantastic, my weight is moving up as expected, and baby is busy as ever, and measuring just a tony bot ahead of schedule. I'm on every two weeks appointments, but do them as part of a centering group with our midwives - it's a bout 8 - 10 women, all due in August, who are guided through different topics by the midwives, and have quick individual checks for weight, bp, measurements, and HB - definitely a cool way to do it. The girsl in my group seem really nice - I'm looking forward to getting to know them better and having a good support group while on mat leave

Anyway - just wanted to pop in to say hi, and give you an update on what's been keeping me away. Again, I hope everyone is doing great, and I'll continue to pop in and keep an eye on everyone whenever I can.

lots of love to you all

Lindsey

Thank you Kiliki for my new siggy - I it!!

June 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Happy Mommy
I'm glad you updated I was wondering how you were doing!!
June 4th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Thanks for the update Lindsey! I'm so sorry for your loss! ((hugs))
June 4th, 2011, 10:33 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good to hear from ya! I'm glad all is well minus the passing of your DH's uncle. BTW, your midwife group appointments sound cool!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

June 5th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
Good to hear from you. Sorry for your loss. I hope things start to settle down for you.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

June 5th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad your doing well. I'm sorry about the loss of your DH's uncle. I hope you can finish up things at work.
June 5th, 2011, 07:12 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for the update! wow, you have been a busy girl. sorry to hear about your uncle. i hope everything goes very very smoothly with your inlaws this time around.

gl with all that work. sounds like you need to be the one delegating!

glad to hear all is well with the baby - that is the most important thing of all
June 5th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So good to hear from you! Very sorry about the loss of DH's uncle though. Reconnecting with family through a funeral can be tricky, I hope he gets hat he wants out of it, and I hope it works for you as well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search