contractions in your thighs?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 10:16 PM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is a funny title but I'm experiencing something and with all this baby backed up into my belly and backing down my butt and all its hard to figure out what is going on.

So I went to bed tonight and fell asleep pretty instantly (I was up most the night last night with really irregular but more painful contractions)
I had a contraction right before I fell asleep that was more intense. Then when my husband came in 30 minutes later I made the mistake is trying to roll over during a contraction....anyways at some point in there I woke up mostly from the pain in thighs. Now I can't go back to sleep and I can't even lay down....I'm sitting here on my exercise ball draped over the edge of the bed. My legs are achy but everytime I get a contraction its almost like a tingling wave travels down my thighs until its over. It's soooo uncomfortable!!!

Is this related to the contraction or is it from.something else? I did walk a little tonight, but it was just a little really...I took some tylenol like ten minutes ago so I'm hoping that helps. The.contraction itself is more intense for sure but if anything its early, early labor.
June 4th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
maybe some kind of pinched nerve in your lower back? Or the way hes sitting on it? I have no clue. i havent ever had that.
Im having the same pain in my thighs/legs but thats because i was carrying big tubs of baby clothes and crap around the house today.
June 4th, 2011, 11:06 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
That's so funny because I know just yesterday you were talking on FB about how you were experiencing "a whole lot of nothing" when it came to labor signs and contractions-- it just goes to show us all how fast things can change!

My pelvic pain often starts in my thigh (inner thigh, right up by my hoo-hah), so I think it's totally possible that a contraction could be felt there, too.

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

June 4th, 2011, 11:17 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hve been reading that some people actually feel their real labor contractions in their legs. Like they travel down their tighs. So maybe its just your labor contractions? I think that its just a little added bonus some people feel and others dont so its not anything to worry about until the contractions are closer together and harder. I could be wrong, but I have read some pople talk about having contractions in their thighs.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

June 5th, 2011, 07:23 AM
romasposa's Avatar Veteran
ugh, i had tat with my ds's labor. it was worse than the actual contrax and is the reason i got an epi. my dr said it was caused by him sittin sideways inside and was hitting a nerve. it's pretty common and hurts like h3ll i know.

Edit: excuse my typos i am NAK.

June 5th, 2011, 07:33 AM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah I've heard women talk about contractions in their thighs as well...

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search