Pregnant Belly Casts

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are any of you going to do this? I can't remember where I saw the first one but I loved the thought of it.

I'd make a cast of my pregnant belly and once it was dried I'd paint it! I'd do one with each pregnancy because it would be interesting to see how I felt with each one

The birthing center I go to has one in the waiting area.

I can't wait to be big enough to do it!

I looked up some things about it and it seems a lot of people like to use the pre-plastered gauze. They say it's what they make casts (for broken bones) out of. I doubt I could find any here, but it's worth a look. If not I'm not sure what I'll go with.

Though I would hope I could do it myself rather than have my mom help me. I don't like anyone but the guy I'm with seeing my womanly bits exposed. Not that I'd make a cast of the area down there, but I'm talking about my boobs.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

June 5th, 2011, 06:56 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I think they're neat and would like to do one, but my kids break anything and everything and I know they'd find a way to break that.

I would like to get maternity photos done this time though. I've said that for the last several pregnancies and just never got around to it.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

June 5th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I probably will just paint my stomach again this time. I have a thing with not wanting to do things with this one that I didnt do with DD. I know I'm a little weird.

June 5th, 2011, 10:22 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've thought about it but I wonder what would I do with it after the baby was born? IT would probably just end up collecting dust in the basement!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
June 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah it's not something some people want to display around their house because you usually get your boobs in the thing as well. I figure it's going to decorate my bedroom since I don't have many decorations. All I got is a mask from when I was in Romeo and Juliet and a beautiful photo of my grandparents when they were teens kissing romantically.

Hehe people who see it think it's the picture that comes with the frame.

So yeah, having something else in my room for decoration would be nice.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

June 5th, 2011, 04:09 PM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
I thought about it - my sister did it. But I agree that it would like sit somewhere and collect dust. Since we are going to try to sell our home I am in a "getting rid of things" mission.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search