Back from a long trip.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2011, 04:59 AM
JadaJade's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to JadaJade
Hello, Sorry I have not been around lately, for I went on a two long week trip to Germany, Austria, Paris, and Venice. I had an amazing time! My belly has gotten a bit rounder and firmer on the trip, so I'm glad I packed loose fitting clothing so I wasn't uncomfortable the entire time. We went to all different little towns in Austria the first week, we went to salzburg, Melk, and a little ski resort in maria alms. We then went to Venice for a overnighter weekend kind of thing, and it was BEAUTIFUL! it was everything I pictured Venice to be and more. We went for a gondala ride and ate giant plates of spagetti, and my boyfriend drank a little too much wine between himself mother and best friend. I didn't drink anything. I had coke in a wine glass to make myself feel fancy. Oh yes. So wasted off the diet coke. we then made our way to Germany, we stayed in this little town called Lindow and it was pretty but small, most of the towns look the same. during our travels we went tothe black forrest and took a little hike and such. we went to paris for two days and I was really disappointed it was dirty and just like new york. It wasn't anything I wanted it to be. there was absolutely no romantic atmosphere while that's all Venice was. It was gross. And people were SOOOOOOOOOO beyond rude. Oh well. the Tower was really nice and we went to walk down over sexed up road where the moulin rouge was. Oh of corse my MIL was all " jamie, do you want to go get alap dance?" the whole time, he refused and his mother didn't understand and then laughed at him when hesaid that he had respect for me and he didn't really find the point in them.
She said I had him on too much of a tight leash and I was denying him being a young boy.
welll.....too bad? I don't like that stuff, and I don't like being associated with it. she got a divorced because her husband cheated on her with strippers... and it's not okay for me to not want Jamie going there? *** her. jamie and I just kinda held our breath and didn't say a word.

At the hotel in paris... Jamie asked me to marry him. we were planning on getting married this october, but he's never proposed and we just kind of "came to the conclusion" kind of thing. and I guess he felt obligated to do so. He bought me a ring in Venice behind my back. It's nothing special, it's real white gold and has an oynx heart linked with a white gold one with little crystals on it. He liked it, but it's not the one he wanted to get me, so he keeps telling me he's going to get me a real ring a real ring a real ring, but he just REALLY wanted to ask me in Europe. His mom came out of the hotel room in the middle of his on the knee proposal skit and was making fun of him and talking over him the whole time.

"Jade....We've been together since we were fourteen years old and I want to be with you until I'm five times that"
"Oh that's stupid, you'll only be like 70 or 80."
"I love you, and I can't picture my life without you, you're my best friend and bla bla bla mooshy gooshy stuff." (he just went on and on, he didn't really say blablabla...)
"Oh please, I can't believe you're already popping the big question, you can't even see the tower. you guys better not kiss. Can you move? I need to go to reception and ask for a car sticker for parking.... hello? Jamie? Can't this wait?"
"Will you marry me?"
"she will, now move out of the my way, no kissing or sexy stuff, I wont have it."

....Jamie was....beyond pissed off. Oh well. It's done. Can't go back and redo it, because that's the kind of thing you can only do once. And she kind of destroyed the entire thing.

After that everyone in the group was kind of against jamie's mother and we wanted to do our own thing but we had a week left and went to different parts of Germany. Needless to say. It was a long and eventful trip.

Also. I threw up in every country we went to because Jamie's mom refused to let anyone eat breakfast or lunch. So I was starving and kept throwing up due to it. Jamie was yelling at her but she never listened. She's such a see you next tuesday. I swear.

Other than her, the trip was amazing! we saw tons of drunk guys, really funny ones, bought lots of wine and stuff to bring home, and I got a few paintings and had a paris artist draw jamie and i. uhm the potty's are very strange... and they only had miniral water, so I was freaking because I'm not a big soda person.

so yeah. Back to real life. We find out the gender on the 14th and I start a new job tommorow.

WOOTT!!!

Lil' Mister, Spencer James is due to arrive 11/1/11!
GO TEAM BLUE!!
June 5th, 2011, 07:29 AM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! I'm sorry you had to put up with a cranky future MIL but that's so awesome that you guys got to do that together!! Going to Europe is such an awesome experience (if you're interested in doing it). I went on a tour in 2000 and it was the BEST trip I'd had in my whole life (next to Disneyland with DH.. hehe)!! DH has never been so we're really hoping to make a family trip in the future.. it won't be the same as what you can do when you're young and have no kids, but I can't wait to share it with DH and our little one.

I agree with you about Paris. I had the typical big fancy ideas about it as well and was disappointed in it. The Arc de Triumphe was impressive and the Eiffel Tower was beautiful.. but other than that, I'm not into ritzy shopping so that part of it didn't appeal to me.. and the rest is just a big noisy rude city. Even the tourist industry people were pretty rude, and it's their JOB to sell the place.

My tour took me to Venice, Austria, and Germany too (though different parts of Austria & Germany by the sounds of it). Venice is so wonderful! It's just so magical. I loved just wandering around the alleys and pathways between buildings, exploring. There's all these little shops everywhere and everything looks like it could be the olden days if you just changed some of the clothing and signs.. Down this one "street" (they're too small to be called streets I think) I found a by-the-slice pizza place and was so thrilled to have real Italian pizza right there in Venice. lol!

Congrats on your engagement!! Try to edit out your future MIL's interruptions in your memories and just remember the love. It sounds like you two are already adept at putting up with her, so stick together and you'll make it through people like her no problem!

June 5th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Congrates on the wonderful trip and the Engagement!!! I'm so sorry MIL was such a piece of work. Thats pretty ******. Have any pictures to share??

June 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Wow, it sounds like an amazing trip and congratulations on your engagement! I'm sorry your mother in law is such a selfish angry woman. I hope you guys are able to put some distance between her and yourselves in the future. Best wishes for a long and happy marriage!

Mom to four beautiful girls

June 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Sounds like a great trip! Congrats on your engagement! I want to see pics too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search