how long would you wait

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Veteran
How long would you wait before going to L&D for contractions?

Ironically, I went through a giant nesting phase last night about midnight-1:30am. I went to bed about 3am super exhausted (also walked 2.5 miles with DH yesterday afternoon). I'm only 37+3, but I have a csection scheduled for June 17. This morning about 6:15 two really strong, really painful contractions woke me up. I got up, got some water, went to the bathroom and all that jazz. I stretched out on the couch and started timing. First two were five minutes apart, then fifteen, tehn ten, ten again, fifteen, then five again. So they seem to be irregular, but often none the less. That's seven contractions in one hour. At my last appt doc said if I had five in one hour to go get checked, but last time I was checked (5/24, I wasn't checked at appt on 5/31) I was still closed. It's bright and early on a Sunday morning and I don't want to go in, just to be sent home.

What do you think?

Edit: Is it normal for LO to squirm so much during contractions?
June 5th, 2011, 05:54 AM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
Would it be possible to call your doctor or the L&D department to see if they think you should go in? I've been told to go in when contractions are every 4-5 minutes, but I've heard of ladies having irregular contractions while being in labor, so I have no idea if you should go in. I'd probably call.

As for the squirming, Squirt does that to me all the time... I don't think he likes contractions at all.
June 5th, 2011, 06:51 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I would call if they said no more than 5 in an hour. I know my doc said something different for me, but maybe it's because I'm not getting a c-section. I'm supposed to go in after I'm getting them 3-5 mins apart for an hour.

June 5th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
My babies never move during real contractions, they will after but not during.

Personally, i would wait to see if they evened out. those are pretty sporatic for labor. I would probably wait until they were at least even times apart.

As to when i go in. About the time i realize i really am in labor ( contractions coming in regular intervals and getting stronger) because my labors are very very fast.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search