Baby's schedule

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to figure out the best type of feeding/ napping schedule for Sam. He is still waking up in the middle of the night for a feeding and then waking again at 4:30 and 6:30. I have stopped nursing him at 4:30 and have been coaxing him back to sleep. We have been working on this and also the crib transition from the rock and play. It's had a few rough moments but getting better. Next I want to tackle dropping the middle of the night feeding and establishing a little more routine with naps and spread out daily feedings a little more. It's just time to drop my old habits of offering the breast every two hours. He doesn't need that anymore.

So, that said, what does your day and night with LO look like? I want to see if there is any consistency among the patterns you all are falling into and what is working and not working for you.

Thanks!

June 5th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Veteran
Our schedule isn't exact but I am working on it.

Wakes up at 6:00 or 6:30 and I feed her and then put her back down to bed

Wake again at 8:00 but I don't feed her until 9

10:30 is our first nap - only a half hour though :-(

12:00 next feeding time

Nap around 1:30 (1/2 hour again)

Feed again between 2:30 and 3:00

Nap around 4:00 (1/2 hour)

Feed again around 5 or 5:30

Bath at 7:30

Last feeding for the day at 8:00

She does still wake up throughout the night but not because she's hungry. We are working on getting her to sleep on her own (Usually she will wake up around 4 or so and sometimes I'll put her in bed with us). My goal is to move her to her crib and out of the pack and play this month.
June 5th, 2011, 09:59 AM
mauiamy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Annette loves her sleep and has been sleeping through the night since the day we brought her home...we ask ourselves daily on how we got so lucky! ha!

Here's our schedule (now that I'm home for the summer) times still vary by about 15 minutes or so...nothing is exact

wake up at 7ish...nurse

nap 9ish...nurse right after or before
(30 min nap max)

nap 1 or 2pm nurse right after or before
(30 min nap)

nurse a couple time somewhere in between (times vary!)

Last quick nap 5 or 6pm nurse right after or before
(30 min)

bottle of EBM around 7ish

Bath time 8ish
Story, nurse to sleep no later than 9:00pm.

**As you can tell she only takes 30 min "cat naps" all day. Our pedi says she does this because she sleeps through the night and she doesn't need any more long periods of napping. Makes sense to me! Also she nurses every 1.5 hours...unless its a EBM bottle (because it's 6oz).

She does wake every now and then but only babbles or talks in her crib. She never cries and just goes back to sleep on her own (thank HEAVEN! woop woop!)...BUT my gf whose LO is 11 days older than Annette still has night time feedings too around 3am. It's a hard habit to break. I know the pediatrician said that if it happens not to give in and feed her...you can rock her, soothe her, but don't feed her...then she will automatically think thats a time to eat. Good luck my dear...you can do it

Annette Marcel born 1/22/11 8lbs 8oz

Last edited by mauiamy; June 5th, 2011 at 10:02 AM.
June 5th, 2011, 12:15 PM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kolton is fairly regular. the times may vary by 30 min day to day but it's close to the same

wake 830-9am & nurse
nap 2 hrs after wake up nurse then nap 1030-11
usually only 30-45min
then next nap @1-2pm nurse before. the lengh varies but it's usually 1hr long.
then a long awake stretch until like 5-6pm with maybe 1 feeding and a power nap (15 if he takes it)

then I usually start his bedtime routine around 730-9. He gets Real cranky when he's ready for bed. but it's usually 8

then sleep strait till 2/3am, then either 4/6/830 or 6/830. still working on these. But i have noticed the last few times that at the later feedings he's not eating a lot, sometimes i don't even get a let down. it's just comfort & back to bed. I want to try and break out of this. But i'm thinking it's because he's starting teething. Because he can go nights with only 1 wakeup. and just as recently as 2 weeks ago was sleeping 8-6am or even 8-8.
June 6th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are not really on a feeding schedule, yet. She pretty much just eats when she's hungry. And, I'm finding that I'm still offering her a bottle about every 3 hours....sometimes she takes it and sometimes she doesn't.

But, we seem to be falling into a nap schedule and this is what it looks like...

Wakes up around 7am-7:30am

Nap around 10am-10:30am (sleeps anywhere from 40 minutes to 3 hours....it's all over the place, but usually it's about 1.5 hours)

She needs an afternoon nap because she's super tired then. I didn't use to put her down for an afternoon nap, but realized that she's always had one because she sleeps in the car when I go pick DD1 up from school (about 40 mintes roundtrip). So, now that school is out, I'm trying to get into a regular routine of putting her down for a nap around 2pm (when I would normally be picking DD up from school).

Bed time is around 8pm-8:30pm. Most of the time she sleeps through the night, but about 2-3 nights a week she will wake up for a feeding between 2-4am. And then we start all over again around 7-7:30am.
June 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
We don't really have a schedule, but after this weekend, I'm thinking I need to start a nap schedule. Unless we are out running errands, she just won't nap during the day like she used to. She wakes up around 6:30/7am on the weekends, then naps for 30 min or so while I'm in the shower usually about 1.5-2 hours later. After that, we have no schedule unitl bedtime which we start around 8:30. This is the 2nd weekend, you could tell she was tired and but didn't want to sleep and risk missing anything, I'm actualy going to go back and look at her nap schedule from daycare and see if there is any sort of pattern there and then try to follow it on the weekends.

I think I need to get her to eat a little more at bedtime, she woke up again this weekend to eat at night which only happens randomly. I've let her fuss a little, but she's really hungry, she will eat 5-6oz! BUT she did sleep in until 8am on Sun after I gave her 5 oz at 2am.
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

June 6th, 2011, 09:22 AM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
You know whats funny.. just the past few nights... Bella has been waking up to have parties at 5am! LOL She would normally sleep from 830/9-630am! LOL. I havent really started her on much solids but I think this is her telling me FEED ME! haha.
June 6th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrunningmom View Post
I think I need to get her to eat a little more at bedtime, she woke up again this weekend to eat at night which only happens randomly. I've let her fuss a little, but she's really hungry, she will eat 5-6oz! BUT she did sleep in until 8am on Sun after I gave her 5 oz at 2am.
I'm tellign you - at 2/3 am - I can get back to sleep easily, and its nice to know he will sleep until later if he does that! I look forward to the nights he wakes up in the middle of the night - cause he goes right back down, and lets me sleep in!

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
June 6th, 2011, 12:25 PM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyt13 View Post
I'm tellign you - at 2/3 am - I can get back to sleep easily, and its nice to know he will sleep until later if he does that! I look forward to the nights he wakes up in the middle of the night - cause he goes right back down, and lets me sleep in!
I totally agree! I mean I don't really like getting up but if I have I'm glad when its 2/3am because I know I'll get to sleep to maybe 7-8am! Ha!
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

June 6th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Super Mommy
Zoey has slept through the night since she was a few weeks old all by herself. I've never done anything but follow her ques, and give her what she needs or wants whenever she needs it. Don't stress yourself with scheduling. It comes into place on its own eventually.

June 6th, 2011, 05:50 PM
jaime9's Avatar Veteran
Oh gosh, don't follow mine lol

8pm -start getting ready for bed,dressed,book and bottle
8:30pm-asleep in the crib
11:30pm-wakes up and cries,I cannot seem to get him back to sleep.everynight I try patting,rocking,nursing,bottle..and he won't stay asleep in the crib.
12am-still up trying to fall back asleep
12:30am-same as above
1am-out of the crib and placed in the swing in the living room..
1:15am-asleep in swing
4:30am-up for a feeding
4:45am-back asleep in swing
6:30am-out of the swing and sleeps/nurses on the couch cuddled w me
7"30am-up,play for a little..
8am-back asleep in couch w me
9am-up,get ready
10:30-11:30am-nap in swing
1-2pm-may take another nap,not always
4pm-nap w me on couch or bed (nurses at same time)
June 7th, 2011, 08:44 AM
afauce
I have a very loose schedule. Basically Ethan goes down between 8 and 9, sometimes a bit later. Sleeps until about 6-7. Eats, plays and takes a nap between 8 and 9...depending on what time he woke up. Sleeps for an hour. Wakes up eats, plays. Goes down for another longish nap in the afternoon...between 12 and 1. Then cat naps every few hours. He usually eats about every 2 hours, sometimes he goes as long as 3 but thats it.
June 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
babies grow so fast and are constantly changing - and so are their eating and sleeping patterns. Vincent used to stay awake for 1 hour increments and take 2 hours naps. now - he sleeps for 1 hour and is awake for 2. i don't schedule him - i just follow his queues. he generally eats every 3 hours but sometimes it's more often than that. i just feed him when he is hungry. i don't believe in enforcing a strict schedule on a child.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search