Concerned / Something doesnt feel right

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2011, 09:09 AM
SummerSet2011's Avatar Addicted To Salt!
I havent been on the board lately becuase honestly I dont feel pregnant anymore. I lost a pound possibly more and I am not hungry like I was at the beginning. I feel like my old self since I turned 13 weeks. I have to make myself eat or I become weak and light headed like I am going to pass out. That is the only thing making me realize I am still in fact pregnant.
I hate my hosptial because they see you so far out in advanced. I dont see my doc for still another 3 1/2 weeks but I am debating weather I should make an apointment to have them lisen to the heart beat or something.
Am I being paranoid? This is going to sound extremely disturbing but I keep fearing that the baby is not alive anymore and its still in there.
I know every pregnancy is different but I never knew it would be .....well this easy I guess almost to the point of not being pregnant. I dont know maybe Im just going looney.....
June 5th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Veteran
It's really common to lose your symptoms after 12 weeks or so. Until you feel the baby kicking, you'll go through a couple of months with minimal symptoms. That's why they call the second trimester the easy one. I understand why you're worried, though, but try to convince yourself that it's normal.
June 5th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
If your worried find out if you can get in sooner or see another doctor or go to emergency room or quick care.
June 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd definitly make an appointment sooner!
June 5th, 2011, 11:01 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've felt a little this way as well. I've yet to feel the baby move and I'm 16 weeks. I have a little bump but yesteray I woke up feeling like it shrunk! I think I'm going crazy. I'm going to the Dr. tomorrow but it's making me so nervous that they won't be able to find the heartbeat. I am seriously considering buying a doppler to ease my mind. I've found ones on Ebay for around $50. I'm sure the baby is fine... it's just our motherly instinct to worry!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
June 5th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
I'm having VERY few symptoms now, really just my craving for beef. If you're really concerned maybe call your dr office and ask if you can come in to see a nurse to check for a HB. Most are usually pretty understand about it. I also second investing in a doppler. The one I have is great and is going for about $30 on ebay. It's a small price for peace of mind.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 5th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Super Mommy
I bought a doppler for that reason...But it always helps to go to the doc early just to ease your mind. Maybe they will schedule a u/s and then you can see your sweet pea!
June 5th, 2011, 06:02 PM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
With my first, I was the happiest person and had symptoms (tender breasts, couldn't stand the smell of dial soap so I had to bann it from the house, was EXTREMELY tired....) and I found out the baby had died when I went for my 12 week NT scan.
With this baby, I have had very few if any symptoms all pregnancy so I had bought a doppler....and so far all is well.
I guess what I am saying is don't drive yourself crazy - When I had symptoms, things didn't work out so well, now that I have no symptoms, all seems to be fine. And you are past the first 12 weeks so you are much better off.
However, I think you should do whatever makes you feel good/at ease. If that is a doctors appointment so you can hear the heartbeat - I'd say go for it.

June 5th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd say call the dr and see if they can see you, not because I think something might be wrong, but you will be worried until your appointment. As far as the weightgain/loss, Mine too is wacky I go up and I go down, I still haven't gained much at all.
June 5th, 2011, 06:09 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully this is just your 2nd trimester of no symptoms! Which would be great if you were not worrying. Call the doc monday and see what they say.

June 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why don't you see if you can get in sooner just to ease your mind? I'm not really having any symptoms at all either. I know it's hard to wait. *hugs*

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
June 6th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
Are you being paranoid? Not at all. I have had no symptoms this time around and not even kicking, at all, and my kiddo is very formed and cute in there already. With my last I felt something was wrong at 13 weeks and I turned out to be right. I say get seen for peace of mind. *edited because I clearly wrote this when I had just woken up ha*

Last edited by Cheshire; June 6th, 2011 at 07:29 AM.
June 6th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Carey
So sorry you are worried right now. It is very normal so don't feel like you are being paranoid. The in between time when the first trimester symptoms and miseries fade, and your baby isn't big enough for you to feel pregnant or to feel regular movements is so tough and sparks worry in most of us. The worry you are experiencing is not good for you, so by all means, go and have a HB check with doppler to feel better. Don't feel bad about it at all either. If you are worried, you deserve reassurance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search