migraines?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Have any of you been suffering from migraines? I have been having miserable ones, that last from 2-3 days. None of the medications the doctor prescribed have been working. What have you found that has been helping you with your headaches? I need to find something so I can function!
June 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Super Mommy
I get really bad headaches at different times of the day. I don't know what triggers them so I can't really prevent them.

I find that putting a bag of ice or frozen peas on the part that hurts the most helps me and I can regain my sight.

I hope this helps. I don't know if we can take furecet being pregnant, but that helps my mom with her migraines almost instantly. You could ask your doc about that, unless they already prescribed it. Hope this helps!
June 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Thank you! I actually tried the ice last night and it really helped. The only problem is that the headache keeps coming back. : ( I have tried fioricet and it normally works for me when I am not pregnant, but for some reason it is not helping. I think as far as medications go, we are pretty limited on what we can take while pregnant. Usually excedrin helps too, but that is something that my doctor advised me not to take.

I think I am going to put some more ice on my head now.
June 5th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
I feel your pain. I get horrible migranes while not pregnant, some lasting a week or more. Epidrin usually helps me then, but i don't take it while pregnant. Sometimes I find an ice pack on the back of my neck helps too. Also, have you seen a chiropractor? They can work wonders for migranes.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 5th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Super Mommy
Ditto the chiropractor!
I also find caffiene helps prevent them for me, I know caffiene is considered a No, No, but I think if it's in smaller amounts and can help prevent a migraine (and therefore prevent you needing to take meds.) then it's not too bad!

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

June 6th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks, everyone! I called my doctor today to see what she recommended as well; still waiting to hear from her. I have had this headache for 4 days now. It is very uncomfortable. : ( I didn't think about seeing a chiropractor, so that is definitely something I can try. I will do anything at this point. And caffeine seemed to helped pre-pregnancy, but now it just isn't doing the trick. Maybe after I get rid of this one, I can try having a little caffeine each day to prevent another one from coming on...
June 6th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
I ditto chiropractors, as well! I've suffered from migraines my whole life, but once I started going to the chiro, I haven't gotten any since.

June 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I've tried everything except for prescriptions. I get daily headaches and migraines about twice a week. I actually have an appointment with a neurologist next month to see what we can do about them.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
June 6th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel your pain I had an awful one this weekend and luckily darkness and a cold compress ended up finally helping.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search