Baby responsibilities...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM
katidid622's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you and DH/SO splitting up the baby responsibilities? Do you tend to take on more? If you have older children, is your DH/SO focusing more on them so you can focus on the baby?

Do you LIKE JustMommies? Help us get to 5,000 fans!
June 5th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Logan is our first, and I think I do slightly more, but it's pretty much split. We alternate bedtime, and usually alternate who wakes up w/ him in the morning, unless he wakes up while I'm pumping or in the shower in the morning.

June 5th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Super Mommy
I'd say we are pretty darn close to 50/50 with Lily's care. Now that I'm back at work we alternate who gets up with her for her 6am feeding. If we are both off work we take turns sleeping in/getting naps.

June 6th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do the bulk of it since he works and I'm a SAHM, but on the weekends he'll do the bulk of things since he likes the bonding time and helping me out.

We also try not to keep track of things like who did the last diaper change, though when we notice that the other has done the bulk of poop diapers the other will take over. Right now we're staying with my inlaws and my MIL is very hands on and very helpful, which is nice to have an extra set of hands for things like, oh, going to the bathroom when I need to.
June 6th, 2011, 05:34 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I definitely do most because he is gone from 7am-7pm Mon-Fri. But on the weekends he does help some either with the baby as needed or do fun things with the big kids.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

June 6th, 2011, 08:08 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do nearly all of the baby care, but my husband has taken on more of our toddler's care so that I can focus on the baby. He can't feed or comfort Orion, but he can feed, bathe and get juice for Lucius... Lucius is really enjoying having all this Daddy time lately.

June 6th, 2011, 08:14 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I do most of the baby stuff. Dh will hold him while I cook dinner and stuff like that though. He just gets frustrated because Shawn likes to nurse a lot so he'll end up giving him back to me a lot.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
June 6th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Super Mommy
I do most right now as I have the summer off and DH is gone about 12 hours each day. And is in fact traveling for work this week. On the weekends he's mad scrambling to build us a patio for us to enjoy. That said, he does take late night feedings and lets me sleep in some days and is generally excited to spend time with her and do baths, change diapers, etc. when he's around.
Baby #2 due 11/30/12
39 y/o, from Boston, MA
June 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do almost all of the baby care because he works all the time and I work from home. However, I have been walking every night. So no matter what he gets baby duty for an hour while I am gone. I don't think I left DD#1 with him until she was 8 months old. Now if she screams I just tell him to handle it just like I do
June 7th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Lisa325's Avatar Mom to 5 girls and 1 boy
I do 99.9%,Nicholas screams if he is not with me,plus my husband works 6 days a week.

June 7th, 2011, 03:16 PM
shylasmommy's Avatar Veteran
it's all on me. SO works all day and goes out late
June 7th, 2011, 09:47 PM
brandi.lyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now it's 100% me, with all 4. He just had shoulder surgery a few weeks ago and still isn't able to use his arm at all... Before it was about 80/20. Now that I'm off of work and when his shoulder is healed I'm hoping he goes the extra mile and helps out more.. I'm physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted. I love it though =]
June 7th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do almost all the baby care because I am a SAHM and I breast feed. He also works at night while we are sleeping so I do all the night care. He helps with my daughter in the mornings so I can sleep in and that's a huge help!
June 8th, 2011, 05:01 AM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do the bulk of the care because I'm on mat leave and he works. He usually takes him as soon as he get home, while I make dinner. I wake up in the middle of the night if needed (rarely more than once) and he wakes up when Julien gets up for the day (usually around 6am) and plays with him for an hour until I get up at 7 and he has to get ready for work.

June 8th, 2011, 03:28 PM
amanda_jane15's Avatar Super Mommy
I do most of the care, I am SAHM. When he comes home from work he spends good bit of his time with the big kids and just holding Bo. I don't expect him to get up at night because I nurse Bo. He pitches in and changes diapers and will help me switch over/start diaper laundry too.

Thank you Sharon for my siggy!

Tags
baby , playroom , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search