Brushing Teeth and Nausea

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing nausea while brushing their teeth, particularly to the point where it becomes hard not to gag after 5 seconds? Everything was fine the first 12/13 weeks, but lately I just get more and more nauseous when I brush my teeth. I can no longer use my SonicCare toothbrush so I just use a regular toothbrush but I can never brush for a time long enough where my mouth is really clean. Anyone else experiencing this? And, especially anyone out there with recommendations on how to make it better?

Thanks!
June 5th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What kinda toothpaste do you use? my husband uses a mint and I can't use it for the same reason I started using Colgate Cinnamon and that was helped. Also I read that anything with alchol even though not ingested can cause you to feel sick
June 5th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Materialgirl1024's Avatar Expecting Ariya Elise
I was mainly having these problems when I brushed my tongue, but I changed my toothpaste to Colgate with fresh strips in them, and it is sooooo much better, plus my mouth actually feels clean.
June 6th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Veteran
I have really been having this problem. I realized that if I used Colgate, it foamed to much. I switched back to Crest, which I prefer anyway, and it has really helped. It seems that it is only a matter of figuring out which toothpaste works for you.

June 6th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been having the same problem. It started before I even got a BFP, it was actually one of the things that tipped me off that maybe I might be pregnant. I thought it would go away after the first tri like morning sickness but no such luck! It never even occurred to me to try a different toothpaste, I will have to go buy a couple different types to try.
June 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM
JadaJade's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to JadaJade
i have to use little kid bubblegum toothpaste because everything else made me want to throwup, try changing pastes.

Lil' Mister, Spencer James is due to arrive 11/1/11!
GO TEAM BLUE!!
June 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ive had this problem since day 1. Its the only time during the prengnacy that i throw up lol

I find if i use colgate regular it is better. It has very little taste and its cheap. If you dont mind spending more, i love love love mentadent toothpaste but its like $5. Its not in a normal tube, its in a stand up plastic things.

I felt like my mouth was diry the whole first tri. I would use mouth wash to help after the little brushing i could do.
June 6th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Super Mommy
I can't use anthing with mint. I use a childrens Strawberry toothpaste and that helps.
June 6th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Hmm, I haven't considered changing my toothpaste, I've just changed the type of brush I use. Will change the toothpaste to see if that helps.

Thanks, everyone!

Tags
brushing teeth , mouth hygeine , nausea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search