monday milestones!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What milestones has your lo reached lately?

Sam still isn't rolling over yet and we haven't started solids, but he is much more responsive and he shows a lot more coordination with his toys.

June 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Parker has been doing great at rolling to his right side. He almost always refuses tummy time because he rolls!

He has also been successfully eating cereal, especially oatmeal!

June 6th, 2011, 08:13 AM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
I feel like we are at a standstill with milestones....I guess she just wants to take a break Nothing wrong with that!!

She rolls over from back to belly all the time, but has only gone from belly back to her back one day (2 weeks ago but nothing since).

We have been trying cereal about once a week as practice, and it seems to finally be paying off she finally is getting the hang of it. This past weekend we tried again, and she opened her mouth for the spoon and I think she swallowed some of it so she's making some progress
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

June 6th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Love Leigh.'s Avatar Love My Girls ♥
Send a message via MSN to Love Leigh.
Dyl is rolling over, she can get to the other side of the room from it! We've also started her on solids!

Credit to claire1979 for the amazing siggies!
June 6th, 2011, 08:36 AM
AJ's Mom's Avatar Veteran
We're essentially sitting!! I won't leave him and walk away unless he is somewhere soft because he still falls over every once in a while - but i would call it sitting!!
June 6th, 2011, 09:38 AM
camevil's Avatar Veteran
Ours starting eating solids last week. Brown rice cereal. He got the hang of it quickly and can swallow. We hope to move him on to more nutritious foods shortly (sweet potato, avocado, pear, nanners).

Last night, he rolled from his back to his tummy. So exciting, and Daddy actually caught part of it on video. He regularly rolls from back to side, but then poops out and chews his hands. lol.

He also bats at the toys hanging over him on the tummy time play gym. He knows which things to hit to start the lights and music. He used to do this with his feet and now does it with his hands.

Also, he likes to stand and bounce (with assistance of course). He wants to inspect everything and put it in his mouth (including diapers when we change him...lol). He tries to hold his own bottle and spoon. Meal times are very messy.
June 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
Bella is very good with coordination. She can grab things like crazy now! She also knows how to take the binky out of her mouth and put it back in, I was amazed! Still no rolling OFF her belly. She sure loves being on her belly though!! Ive done a few solids here and there because of the signs she is giving me... its getting a little better!
June 6th, 2011, 09:55 AM
bcmommy0409's Avatar Super Mommy
We are at a milestone standstill Hudson is rolling no more than he has been, and actually seems to be more tipsy when trying to sit unassisted. We did start him on sweet potato's yesterday and he loved them. Sleeping through the night for about the past few weeks or so.
Hudson Joseph 12-28-2010
June 6th, 2011, 10:26 AM
tricialeesb's Avatar Super Mommy
Cora can roll from back to belly, though she chooses to stop at her side because she's not fond of her belly.

She also sits unassisted for a good 20 seconds or so. That is what we are working on right now. When she is on her belly she can get her knees up underneath her, but isn't strong enough in her arms to get to a full hands and knees position.

[/url]
June 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Michael has been rolling from back to belly with ease for almost 2 months now (started April 17th) - and probably like April 18th or so he rolled from his front to his back but that was one time, and that was it.

yesterday - he was in his crib napping, woke up - and I watched him in the monitor roll to his back... so he is getting there!

He is eating squash, peas, green beans, carrots, and sweet potatoes, along with Rice, oatmeal, and barley. HE LOVES eating!

He is getting a lot more vocal

He is enjoying his toys alot - loves pushing buttons on the musical toys

He now sticks his butt way up in the air while on his tummy - and tries real hard to push up with his arms.

He also sits unassisted for maybe 10 seconds or so

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
June 6th, 2011, 02:04 PM
mauiamy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Annette rolls one day, then the next she wont. She gets stuck on her side too and her head is just SO big and heavy...she has no problem with the lower half! he he..but I'm OKAY with that, I don't want her to move onto the mobile stage too soon.. he he

She's squealing and talking non stop...she now does ra ra ra, ga ga ga, ya ya ya sounds. She is such a talker! She gets a little pissed off when she doesn't get her way, oh god it's BEGINNING! ahhh! She screeches and screams extra loud if I pull a toy away from her! She gets sooo excited when someone comes up to her and talks to her, she flaps her arms and starts squealling. Also she's doing the full blown chuckle non-stop too

She has "tasted" banana's...probably wont have full blown soilds for another month or so.

Loooooove this stage! Our babies are growing so soo fast!

Annette Marcel born 1/22/11 8lbs 8oz
June 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM
brie_91's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sadie can roll both ways with ease and is starting to army crawl.

I've given her avacado and sweet potato once, but thats it. I'm trying to delay as much as possible.

Not sure if this is a milestone, but she has 2 teeth popping through (explains her crankiness)
June 7th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy cow Brie! You sure you don't have a 6 month old there?

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
June 7th, 2011, 05:47 AM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christian has been rolling for a while, he butt scoots and frog leaps to get around.He also sits for a few minutes, but still will go sideways. He has been on solids since 4 months and is a PIG. I make his baby food and he much prefers it to the packaged stuff from the store! He loves all his toys, and goes to town on his exersaucer buttons, he has caught on that he has to mash the button three times to get to music and he gets the biggest grin when he does. Oh and we have two bottom teeth!

Last edited by austinmommy3; June 7th, 2011 at 05:51 AM.
June 7th, 2011, 11:05 AM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kolton can roll over - both ways but doesn't do it a whole lot. But he's such a perfectionist, last week I decided maybe we should try sitting, and the whole next day he was cranky if i wouldn't let him 'sit' now he can sit unassisted for a few minutes and Loves it.

I think he may get some teeth soon because he's drooling a little more. he is also a fan of putting diapers in his mouth during changing. silly boy.

other than that nothing new - so close to my BF milestone of 6 months (1 more month to go)
June 7th, 2011, 01:10 PM
MBridget's Avatar Veteran
Gretchen is finally starting to lift her head for a few seconds when she is on her belly! She can roll from back to both sides but doesn't get near that darn tummy! She HATES tummy time but her physical therapy is helping! She has been able to take her paci out and pout it back in for a few weeks now and she gan grab things with a suprising amount of accuracy! She talks to me all the time and she loves to say lalalalalaaa. She can really get into telling a story and i just keep saying "Oh yeah? What! Oh, you're kidding!" and she thinks that is pretty funny!

WOW! I use alot of !!! how annoying. Sorry girls!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search