What plan are you using?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 07:41 AM
KCAmanda's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am curious what weight loss plans people are using to help them lose weight. I don't mean just a formal plan (like Weight Watchers, HCG diet etc) but even something you've developed yourself. I am just looking for some ideas to maybe add to my own plan.

As for myself, I have been following the Weight Watchers point system for nursing mothers. I joined on 4/17 (my milk supply was fully established) and have lost 15lbs since joining. I was never able to get below 175 when nursing my other two babies and today I'm 160 (the lowest I have been in 4 years!!!) My milk supply has not been affected at all - John is exclusively nursing, no pacis or bottles (on 5/29 he was over 14lbs & 25 inches). I am hoping to lose another 15-20lbs and then re-evaluate my goals from there (I'm 5'9").

Please share your plans/ideas! My diet consist of mostly eating oatmeal for breakfast, whole grain breads, lots of fresh fruit/veggies, smartones meals (instead of fast food junk when I'm in a hurry) and plenty of water. I need to start exercising but just haven't had the time with 3 young kids - hoping to start that once John starts taking a bottle for me.
June 14th, 2011, 04:46 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
im going to eat a lot of fruits and veggies..... and nuts. i dont have a plan yet.... once i do, ill share!

Leah, How have you been so far?
June 19th, 2011, 09:42 AM
SarahLMC's Avatar Super Mommy
I am also doing weight watchers. I did WW a few years back and lost 25 lbs. I have lost 10 pounds and I have about 15 to go until my prepreg weight, and would like to lose about 15 after that.

Sarah Mom to Wyatt and Andrew, wife to Robert

Follow our Blog at www.LiveForThoseMoments.com

June 19th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm gluten and dairy free, which cuts out a lot of things right there. I'm now working on cutting back sugar and eating more raw veggies, as well as finding good proteins and doing portion control. I have a hormone imbalance that I'm needing corrected and hopefully will soon. I have to breastfeed, exercise a lot everyday, and basically eat raw carrots and rice cakes in order to lose weight. It's ridiculous...but I'm determined to lose the weight!

June 22nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
lululeesa's Avatar Regular
I also am doing WW... Was on the Points plan a couple of times in the last few years and started the new program in January after I'd got going with nursing my baby.

What do you other ladies think of Pointsplus? I love it- so much better than the old program. Way more flexibility with fruit being free and I never have to be hungry on this plan because I get more points and the high protein foods didn't really change in points value, just the carby fatty foods did!

I sound like I work for them... I don't, I'm just excited to have found something that works for me. I was overweight before I had my kids, so I want to- no, I am going to get my body healthy now so that I can teach my kids.
June 22nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
wintereast's Avatar Theresa334
Body for life! I started last week. Im a membet of ww but im bad at counting points. Right now im focusing on exercise.

Tags
march 11 weightloss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search