Couponers: Questions/Advice Needed

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Carey
Okay, so since I am not working for the next year, I have decided to make part of my SAHM job to save money and clip coupons. I'm not wanting to go insane and stock pile for the end of the world or anything. I just want to cut money off what we spend on groceries, baby items, and household supplies.

I have a mountain of coupons and no idea how to make sure I use them before they expire or that I can find the ones I need when I want to use them. Any suggestions?

Also, where all do you get coupons? I am currently using Coupons.com, BettyCrocker.com, and newspaper coupons. I have registered for formula clubs, Tide, Gerber, Huggies, Pampers, and maybe a few other places that will send coupons and vouchers in the mail. Any other ideas?

June 6th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
First off, don't use coupons just to use them up, you have to use them to coincide with sales. You need to go to a site like hotcouponworld.com and look up your grocery stores and they will match coupons with the sale items and tell you the best things to buy.
I get my coupons from newspapers, by emailing the companies and telling them how much I like or hate a product (you get VERY high dollar coupons this way), peelies off products (I do this and save them for another time when item is on sale), and any booklets you can sign up for online through P&G, or anyone else.
I follow a bunch of different couponing blogs that post statuses on facebook of free items, and you usually get coupons with the free item.
I follow couponingtodisney.com, frugal fabulous finds, freebies for friends, and a whole lot more.
Also, I don't really "stockpile" either unless it's something that's a great sale and I can't pass up. For instance, I have about 20 bottles of laundry detergent right now that I got for under a $1 a bottle. I have about 20 bottles of BBQ sauce I got for 12 cents a piece, and 30 boxes of pasta I got for 13 cents a piece. I don't have a ton of room, but I will buy some extras of stuff if I can get it cheap and I know I will use it.
Check out the board Frugal Mommies here on JM...I think there is actually a sticky I started there when I used to be host that has a lot of great tips in it.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
June 6th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Carey
Thanks! That helps a lot! What tips for organizing coupons do you have?

I can see buying that much laundry detergent or pasta because it will be used. And, the BBQ sauce can be given away if it needs to be used faster than you can use it.

June 6th, 2011, 11:23 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have been increasing my use of coupons and do not stock pile like a crazy lady but I will buy when the deal is hot.
I also use the online sites (coupons.com, krazycouponlady.com, store websites) and newspaper coupons. I really try to use store coupon and manufacturing coupon on the same item. Here in CA none of our stores do the double coupon thing but will let you use store/manufacture coupon which helps.
Try not to worry about using up your coupons before the date. You should use them, as you need them.

June 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I don't cut any coupons out of the newspaper inserts until I need them. I write with a Sharpie on the insert what date it came out and then when I match up coupons with sales I know right where to go to get the coupon I need and cut it out.
I use a small coupon caddy in my purse right now, but when I have a TON of coupons I was using a recipe box. Any HOT coupons I have for free items or high dollar ones that make the item almost free I keep in my wallet to use right away.

June 7th, 2011, 08:16 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay I may be crazy but I can never get the coupons from coupons.com to print! Am I missing something? I hit print on the web page but it never actually does anything. I have my printer connected and it prints other stuff.

Am I missing something?

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
June 7th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I think you have to install the coupon reader first. I don't really print coupons off the internet except for target.com, and you have to have a special coupon reader there...it's just a plug in for your computer, but it always prompted me to download it first.

June 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I've never really done the couponing thing with much success, I've had better luck trimming my bill with meal planning based around what's on sale and meals that use the same ingredients so I can cut waste, but I am impressed by the amount proficient couponers can save. Good luck in your efforts!

Tags
coupons , organize , saving money

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search