ER yesterday!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 08:24 AM
pamelah1121's Avatar Regular
OMGosh! Yesterday I went to the Emergency room, I hadnt felt the baby move since Friday and Sunday after trying everything to get him moving and nothing working for 3 hours i was in a panic. I had been feeling hard kicks and rolls for a week before and 5 to 6 sessions a day at least. He normally always kicks after i eat, after i put on my maternity support belt or any time there is some pressure on my belly none of this was working and i didnt feel him on Saturday all day either (well nothing i could say was for sure him movin).
SO i have someone cover me at work so i could go to the ER hoping to get to hear his heart beat and know he was ok.
After i get there one nurse used the doppler for 10 mins and couldnt find it.. i'm starting to get scared. She says she is going to get a Labor and delivery nurse to try to find it because she isnt that good at it. The labor nurse comes and she looks for 10 mins and nothing! When she gave up, i asked her does he not have a heart beat? her reply was "I'm sorry hun but he doesnt, I even palputated him and nothing, I'm so sorry" the Dr even said to call labor and delivery and notify them. I am of course hysterical. I knew what was next.. ultrasound to confirm. I was left alone (DF was on his way from an hour and a half away) for 45 mins to wait for ultrasound to come get me. When the lady from ultrasound finally comes she see's how upset i am and i could see in her face that she felt bad for me. I couldnt even talk thru the tears on the way, she was asking me questions and i couldnt answer her without crying.
When she started the ultrasound.. she said we arent allowed to do this but i want you to see, when she turned the screen toward me.. there was my lil guy jus movin around!! (I'm crying again jus writing this) The ultrasound lady was so sweet, she let me see the whole ultrasound. His cute face and his hands up by his face. He is measuring right on track 17 weeks and 1 day. (i had to worry about my plecenta not working correctly due to the trisomy in it) I saw his little heart beating in his chest.
It was really sweet of her to do that .. i know at hospitals here the ultrasound techs arent supposed to tell us anything or let us see the screen.
I have an anotmy scan on Tuesday and I'm so excited to see him again!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Last edited by pamelah1121; June 6th, 2011 at 08:26 AM.
June 6th, 2011, 08:31 AM
luckymomma's Avatar Veteran
So glad everything was ok! That nurse should've known better than to say that to you before the ultrasound, that's awful!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 6th, 2011, 08:34 AM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh god i would have been hysterical also they should have at least got it confirmed by u/s before saying he didnt have a heartbeat

Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness, what a scare! I think the nurse was wrong to tell you he didn't have a HB before the u/s but that is just me. They can be hard to find sometimes. Glad all is okay!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
Mega Super Mommy
How scary!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that but so glad everything is ok!
June 6th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Carey
I am so glad everything was okay! I bet you really were freaking out and hysterical. She just told you without confirming!!!! How horrible. I'm so happy she was wrong and that he is fine.

June 6th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i am so sorry that happened to you!!! i cannot believe they told you he had no heartbeat without seeing the ultrasound first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After i went to the ER and they told me i was going to lose one of my babies i will never go back unless i know i will be seen in L&D or if it has nothing to do with the babies.

I'm a little further then you and i dont always feel the babies everyday. I have started feeling them most days, but still not every day.

Good luck!
June 6th, 2011, 08:48 AM
leela57's Avatar ~Holly~
oh my gosh! So scary!! I'm so happy to hear everything is ok!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 6th, 2011, 08:59 AM
pamelah1121's Avatar Regular
Thank you everyone! I agree she shouldnt of said it like she did! She made it seem like that was it. I felt like yelling at her after i knew all was ok "my baby does have a heart beat! lol
I think I'm going to send the ultrasound tech some flowers! She was so awesome, and she even cryed when i had happy tears when he was ok. I remember her saying she only works weekends like i do.
It took the Dr another 45 mins to come in with the ultrasound report so if she wouldnt of showed me that he was ok i would of went that much longer thinking he had no heartbeat. Plus we arent supposed to use our cell phones but she let me call DF (who was driving 70 in a panic to get to the hospital) to let him know his baby (first child!) was ok!
June 6th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Super Mommy
I am so glad everything was ok!!!
June 6th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am glad everything was ok, that must have been terrifying for you.
June 6th, 2011, 09:36 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you had to go through this by yourself, but SO GLAD everything is ok
I think it would be sweet of you to do something for the U/S tech (flowers, card).

June 6th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
I can't imagine how scary that was. Very insensitive, rude, wrong, whatever you want to call it of that nurse to say that before confirming with an u/s. Glad everything is ok!!

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
Oh wow! I'm so glad everything is okay!

June 6th, 2011, 12:47 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
So glad everything was okay. Thank God for awesome ultrasound techs!

June 6th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy cow, how stupid of those people to sit there and tell you, "Your baby has no heartbeat," before getting you into the ultrasound. Grr! Doctors and nurses p*ss me off!

Glad everything is fine and so happy the ultrasound tech was so nice

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

June 6th, 2011, 04:49 PM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Wow, what an ordeal! I can't believe the nurses said that before seeing the u/s. Glad everything is ok

June 6th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Super Mommy
How awful I am so glad it all worked out ok!

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

June 7th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Expecting #1
I'm glad baby is okay! How shocking they would tell you there is no heart beat at 17 weeks based on a doppler! Sometimes even doctors can't find heart beats earlier with them due to the way baby is laying!

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

June 7th, 2011, 06:53 AM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so glad your baby is ok... it's amazing you are feeling him so regularly.. When I went to the ER last week the nurse had a hard time too... my husband asked to see the doppler and found it right away... hahahah... he is a pro already since I make him find our son's heartbeat at home all the time with our doppler!!!

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search