Joining the AF club

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 03:51 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well ladies! i am on CD 1! my son is 4 months and 2 days old.. i am EBFing.. How this is fair i am not sure..

If any of you happen to know anything about charting, here are my Qs!

1) Looking back over my chart i had a couple days about 15-16 days ago that i thought maybe i was Oing.. BUT then this past week.. mon-wed.. wed being the day i got the most EWCM and had BAD cramping i thought again that maybe i was Oing.. and i figured i had 11-14 days until id know if i did or not cuz then id start my period... and then i started today.. so.. What happened? did i not really O and this is just a sign of fertility returning.. did i O and just have a REALLY short LP (luteal phase).. or did i O the first time and have a long LP??

2) Since i am on my period, is it safe to DTD unprotected? or since i am not 100% sure about ovulation is it not safe even though i am bleeding?

~Em

June 6th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
After all my miscarriages and pregnancies, I have always had a couple initial cycles of very short luteal phases. I still can't believe AF isn't back even though I am also exclusive BFing. She always returned by 6 weeks after the first two kiddos!

February, 2005
August, 2005
June 6th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Super Mommy
I think you can get pregnant no matter what. If you've started AF or not.

June 6th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No idea, but if it helps, I started too and am ebf also... have started early with all three. This is the first time I didn't start at 6 wks ppd, even while ebf. lol
June 6th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Love Leigh.'s Avatar Love My Girls ♥
Send a message via MSN to Love Leigh.
I'm no help either! But I got AF when Dyl was 3 months!

Credit to claire1979 for the amazing siggies!
June 7th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say your cycle is off still, and it may take a couple months for it to return to normal. I got AF in April for the first time, knew it was coming cause I felt like cr@p about 2 weeks before. I felt like cr@p again, thought it was coming, and it was a week later - so 3 weeks after I started to feel like cr@p! I was getting EWM like 2 days before AF started.

I would say if you are TTA another pregnancy, it is not safe to DTD unprotected right now. You really don't know what your cycle is like yet!

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
June 7th, 2011, 06:46 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cycles was always a little unusual right after I got it back, especially after my son Henry. I had to really pay attention and chart well in order to get pregnant with Ruby! Luckily I haven't gotten mine back yet. I got it back around 10 months with both kids, so hoping for the same.
June 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
tricialeesb's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry, I'm no help. No AF here yet. But I would say that it is probably not safe to DTD without protection at this point until your cycles return to a "stable" state. Which may take a few cycles.

[/url]
June 7th, 2011, 10:48 AM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no AF here yet. with DS I think it came back around 9 mon PP. But everyone is different.
My MW did say if your baby is STTN or close too, that can stimulate AF to come earlier because your not feeding as often, but, I don't know if that makes much of a difference because a lot of people I know got it back much sooner than their LO's sttn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search