Goodbye

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Veteran
I just joined the FB group and some of the girls were not very nice to me. Basically told me that many people think I'm a fake and didn't want me a part of FB group or Just Mommies. I still don't understand what I did, but I certainly don't want to make people uncomfortable or be somewhere I'm not welcome. So I'm going to leave and see if another group is kinder, or maybe I"ll just stick to my real life friends for support and questions.

Anyways, thanks to all of you who were nice and supportive. I wish you all healthy happy babies.

Take care.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 6th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww, I'm sorry some people made you feel bad
June 6th, 2011, 06:53 PM
CMEspazyMOM's Avatar baking Turkey #3
Sorry some people made you feel bad but I wouldn't let them run me off though. I don't post much and feel like some think I'm a fake just because I don't post much or share pics. Trust me, its a big game so don't let it bother you.

Christy (31) & DH Greg (31) Married since 3/17/07
Proud Parents of Ben(4) & Noah(2) and
Expecting a little brother on 11/8/11

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 6th, 2011, 07:00 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel bad... I got voted off the island as well and have over 10,000 posts on JM as well as been a member since 2005. I have met girls from here in person.

Do not take it personally, it is the way they went about it that was hurtful.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
I agree with Christy! I hope you'll stick around!

June 6th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Veteran
Thanks guys. I think I am just too sensitive. It's just that being pregnant is such a special time especially when it's your first. I feel bad that I have been sharing it on here when people don't even want me apart of the group.

But anyways, I just wanted to say goodbye and thanks again to all of you who were nice.

I do really like my tickers though... wish I knew how to keep those, lol.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 6th, 2011, 08:05 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bella I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not sure the details about what happened but I hope you won't let this get you down. Enjoy your pregnancy and I wish you the best.

June 7th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
good luck!

If you join another group you should be able to find the codes for your tickers to use there as well. I believe there are even facebook codes so you can just post them on face book.
June 7th, 2011, 07:26 AM
**Linda**
I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened, but I wish you'd stick around! I enjoy seeing your posts!!!

June 7th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had the same problem when i was pregnant with my last son. They had me jumping through hoops taking pics of signs saying my ddc and having my son hold it and such...then i realized there are many more nice people than not nice people on just mommies and i would just ignore those who wanted to stir the pot. Hope you stick around!
June 7th, 2011, 08:13 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
such a shame that there are women on these boards who treat others so badly... good luck with your pregnancy.
June 7th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I just want to say, since this was brought up here and no one else has said it...nothing about facebook should have been posted here.

The women that do post here on JM and aren't a member of facebook, don't know the whole story, so this made it seem different than what it really was and I don't believe that's very fair to a lot of the members here.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
June 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if people have a problem with u they should go through the mods, ive not heard anything about u being a fake or whatever i dont no the story as im not on the fb group

June 7th, 2011, 09:50 AM
RubyRocks's Avatar Rockin' Momma
wow.

If that's how the Facebook group is then I'm glad I'm not a part of it lol. Granted there are 2 sides to every story, but last I checked this is a free group (and Facebook is free too so "private" really means nothing in the long run) & nobody has any more right than the next to accuse anyone of anything.

It's the internet people, if you're so worried about fakes maybe you need to stick to real life friends that you can more easily prove. Just because someone wants to protect their privacy doesn't mean they need to miss out on a chance to bond with other moms.

Such a shame...

June 7th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRocks View Post
wow.

If that's how the Facebook group is then I'm glad I'm not a part of it lol. Granted there are 2 sides to every story, but last I checked this is a free group (and Facebook is free too so "private" really means nothing in the long run) & nobody has any more right than the next to accuse anyone of anything.

It's the internet people, if you're so worried about fakes maybe you need to stick to real life friends that you can more easily prove. Just because someone wants to protect their privacy doesn't mean they need to miss out on a chance to bond with other moms.

Such a shame...
That's the thing...the FB group isn't like that...like I said the whole story wasn't posted here...as it is on FB and shouldn't have been brought onto JM. I knew people were going to start commenting and getting hostile about this, without even knowing what truly happened.

June 7th, 2011, 10:16 AM
RubyRocks's Avatar Rockin' Momma
well if nothing happened to make someone feel uncomfortable enough to want to leave a group, then there would be nothing to talk about, right?

I read the other thread & trust me, I completely understand the need for feeling comfortable with who is reading your private, non-baby life... but coming from 4+ years of having someone stalk every single word I type online, it all comes down to what you are willing to share with the ENTIRE world & what you are not, regardless of "private" groups. There is no privacy online - truth is I could be in your fb group reading the wall in 10 minutes if I wanted to be, just like anyone else who truly wanted access bad enough. (like child sickos for example)

If someone is not active enough (& who determines what is "not active enough" btw?) in the fb group then really, why question it? Or like someone else said, why let in people you don't really know if they are going to be scrutinized like that?!

I'm not blaming or taking sides here, just voicing my opinion on what seems like a ridiculously childish, snooty, & unnecessary occurrence that has happened to more than one member for whatever reason.

June 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Personally I think this thread needs locked as it's getting out of hand...

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search