Facebook Private Group

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just want to say there is much differance between JM and a Private Facebook group. There are requirements that need to be met to access just like the requirements we require for the Tree House. There are many people that make the choice not to be added to the facebook group and that is fine. But for those that do enter know that it is a closer group of girls (about 25) that post personal info that night not be about her pregnancy, because of this there is more security.
June 6th, 2011, 07:26 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not part of the FB group, so I don't know what happened there, but it seems like in general, if you're worried about security, it would make sense to only invite the people you trust to a group. I'm not sure what the point of inviting everyone is if later they are going to be deemed untrustworthy and kicked out. It seems like more than one person's feelings were hurt. I hope that the DDC doesn't suffer from this.
June 6th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Six in the City
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnicole View Post
I am not part of the FB group, so I don't know what happened there, but it seems like in general, if you're worried about security, it would make sense to only invite the people you trust to a group. I'm not sure what the point of inviting everyone is if later they are going to be deemed untrustworthy and kicked out. It seems like more than one person's feelings were hurt. I hope that the DDC doesn't suffer from this.
It wasn't a personal attack on anyone and no one was deemed untrustworthy. People just feel like if there are lurkers on there they don't need to be. It's one thing to just come on here and read posts from time to time but to do that on the FB Private Group is unsettling. If you want to be a member of the private group all that people want is people to post so we know they aren't just there lurking and not actively being apart of it.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.
June 6th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I don't think anyone here knows what really happened, and it wasn't like that at all. The post that Bella made about the FB incident didn't include everything that led up to that.

I hope not everyone thanks bad about the FB group. We don't have that group for any other reason except to get to know one another more, and more personal...no one is excluded from the group, you just have to actually post to be in it and not be a lurker.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
June 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The group on facebook just requires activity. There were things that happened within the group tonight that showed the admins and some members of the flaws within the group. Rules were not outlined and they now are for current and future members. Also with a fb group any member can add members, so it is differant from the tree house where only I can add, this has also been corrected.

**Apologies do go out to all those who may have been hurt by the groups postings tonight, they were not intended as hurtful post
June 6th, 2011, 08:05 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Seeing as the FB group is private and seperate from JM, I don't think it's appropriate for any of today's events to be discussed here.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

June 6th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to try to post more in here so I can get to know you all better! <3

June 6th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I agree as well, unfortunately, they were brought up on the JM board by someone, that's where this stemmed from. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure no one would have said anything.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
June 7th, 2011, 01:57 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
I dunno whats happend .. can't see anything on the FB group or in here. I think if people were to add a member to the group ... I would like to think it would be a member from this DDC and not one from any other forum. I think as well with it being so instant on FB and its more private as its set up as a private group people feel more comfortable posting anything on the FB group .. just my input. I don't always come on JM because facebook is so more instant and everyone is on facebook day and night lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search