What are you avoiding?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you still avoiding everything they say to stay away from or in moderation like Caffeine, Fish, Deli meat?

June 6th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
No, I'm very lax during pregnancy. I don't really eat fish or anything like that anyways. I drink a coke if I want it, or even 2.

Everything in moderation!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
June 6th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
I WOULD avoid caffeine if it didn't help my headaches so much!!

June 6th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't even given a list of things to avoid I feel jipped

But the stuff I know to avoid, well I stay away from deli meats that are sliced in front of me. I'll eat the stuff in a package on the hanging delis but I haven't felt like lunch meats so it's not a problem.

Apparently pregnant women aren't supposed to eat uncooked hotdogs, which makes me sad cause they're just so yummy that way!

I stay away from smoke and alcohol, I won't even attempt red wine, not that I'm a wine fan much anyways. And I don't smoke anyways but I try to keep away from those that are smoking when I'm around.

But I'll have caffeine if I want a regular soda. They don't sell the regular (non diet) caffeine free sodas in a bottle anymore so it's too much of a hassle to buy a 12 pack of them. Other wise I'd stay away from caffeine in the form of soda. Though I wouldn't give up tea.

The fish I eat is all wild caught stuff so I don't have to worry about mercury. The stuff isn't big enough either to be questionable. I love living in Alaska sometimes Yay for abundant halibut and salmon!

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

June 6th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Super Mommy
I was avoiding coffee and soda, but....... it didn't last long

Thank you so much BAM for my awesome siggy

June 6th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't eat a lot of fish so i never really avoided it, caffiene I am always drinking now, I have eaten only 1 lunchmeat sandwich and A slice of ham since i got my bfp.
June 7th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Expecting #1
I'm still avoiding caffeine. Most of the "things to avoid" I never really ate anyway so it's been pretty easy to avoid the stuff.

But..I am going on holiday to the US in a couple weeks, and I am going to break down and drink iced tea..there's no way I can be there in the heat without my iced tea!

Olivia Ann born October 12 2011, 5lb 6oz

June 7th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't really eat deli meat so that wasn't a problem. But as for everything else not really. Everything in moderation is my motto. I rarely eat fish but I did check into that before I ate it.

June 7th, 2011, 05:22 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
We aren't really told to avoid anything .. other than the mouldy cheeses like brie and stilton etc, raw eggs, undercooked meats , alcohol. We can have runny yolks if the egg has been stamped with a lion (trademark type thing over here), we are to limit cups of coffee and tea to about 6 a day .. although tea as less caffine in .. I drink loads of tea throughout pregnancy and its never had any effect as they link it to low birthweight. All 3 of mine have been fab weights.

I still drink coke as and when I want to but i'm not a great coke lover anyway lol.

But yeah .. all in moderation I say
June 7th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Veteran
I have one cup of coffee in the morning cause it helps my headaches. Other then that, no caffeine. I had one Subway sub, but it was toasted, so the meat was heated to the correct temp. I have had no fish and I am staying away from the soft cheeses. I don't smoke and try to stay away from anyone smoking, but I have always done that. I'm keeping under my 25 lbs limit for lifting. I guess except for the one cup of coffee, I'm avoiding everything I'm supposed to be.

June 7th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Materialgirl1024's Avatar Expecting Ariya Elise
I have the occasional soda, I dont really eat deli meats or hots dogs but if I do I wouldnt not eat them, I was told it was ok as long as I heat it up well. I did have sushi rolls the other day but it was crab or shrimp and it was also heated up. Other than that I don't eat fish.
June 7th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I stay away from Alcohol and Smoking. I heat up my lunch meat if I want any and I still drink caffine. I only really eat shrimp, salmon and lobster so I'm ok on the fish thing.

June 7th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
I don't like fish, so that's not a problem. I'm avoiding coffee, which is HARD! I'm still drinking soda, which is why I'm avoiding the coffee....I need to cut back somehow, and that's the only place I can without going nuts. LOL I'm also staying away from lunch meat, but it's not that difficult because too much bread makes me gag now.

June 7th, 2011, 06:37 AM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
I am a vegetarian so the meat thing isn't an issue with me .... but.... I am trying extremely hard to not smoke - I have had a couple slip ups but I am happy that I have kicked the habit so successfully (It's EXTREMELY hard to do) ... I am also limiting my alcohol to only red wine - a couple times a month.

It can be soooo confusing as to what is acceptable as it changes even between Dr's.

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09
June 7th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
im a little different from everyone else i almost only eat fish. So im having to watch what kind and how much fish i eat.

Im having one glass of tea or a soda a day.

I stay away from artificial sweetner.

its killing me not to have a glass of wine, but i dont...and i wont.
June 7th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I'm pretty lax. I am drinking coffee again(only in much Smaller amounts, no multiple pots a day), but I attribute that to being back in call centre.

Deli meats, never was a big eater of them but when I do I don't microwave them.

Only thing I am really concerned about ever having is meds and way them out in my head
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
June 7th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I was way more lax with this pregnancy than I was ith the others, ut now that I have gallbladder issues, I have to avoid dairy and fat, so there's pretty much notingh that I'm not avoiding, lol

Mom to four beautiful girls

June 7th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I was tying to avoid SEX but I have been getting it daily.

Other than that I avoid alcohol... pretty easy as I am Mormon and allergic to alcohol makes me break out in hives.

Food wise I am not avoiding anything, I just make sure my weird cheeses are pasturized.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search