Does your crib have a bumper on it?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have mine on, my sister took her's off because she says her 3 month old scoots around when he is sleeping...Micah does too but he has great neck control and can move his head around, plus he's never scooted into a corner yet..

June 7th, 2011, 06:38 AM
provosto's Avatar Mommy to Arden!
We just moved her into her crib and I'm seriously trying to figure out what to do. I took her bumpers off before putting her in but as of yesterday she's rolling around in there and I worry she's going to hit her head, especially on the back side (no slats). She already got her arms and legs stuck in the slats once and that was before she was rolling from back to belly so I really don't know what to do. If I get the breathable ones she will still be able to hit her head. We have the AngelCare Movement Sensor monitor so I wonder if putting her bumpers on would be an issue since it detects her breathing but I don't want to solely rely on it to do its job either.
June 7th, 2011, 06:44 AM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noah is going to be in the pack n play until we move(which may be as soon as this fall or at the latest next spring). So no need for a bumper. But if I had to make the choice I probably would put one in because Noah likes to crawl backwards on his back and he has already started bumping his head on his changing table(I had to put padding cuz he kept bumping his head while I was trying to change his diaper.

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
June 7th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I took mine off but I feel the same way about her hitting her head. She really moves a lot so I don't know which would be better. The risk of her not breathing or hitting her head. It feels like a lose-lose situation.

Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

June 7th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Jamie0718's Avatar Veteran
I just put a breathable bumper on. I'm weaning the swaddle and leaving Evan's arms out so he moves around more. I have found him with his head against the bars, but it didn't look uncomfortable. I have the angelcare monitor too, but if I had a regular bumper on it would still make me nervous. I check the monitor all throughout the night to make sure the metronome thing is still going, even though I know it will beep if it stops. I'm paranoid
June 7th, 2011, 09:02 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took off the decorative ones and put on the breathable one. But, Sean doesn't move around at night yet either. At most he'll be slightly slanted in teh crib when I laid him down straight.

June 7th, 2011, 09:40 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a breathable bumper too.... but right now asher is sleeping in a full size side sleeper in our bedroom and it is working out AWESOMELY for us! I wish we had this when Cecil was a baby
June 7th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
Yes my sons crib still has the bumpers, if they aren't there he gets his little arms and legs stuck because he likes to turn sideways while he sleeps. He never ends up with his face anywhere near them but he turns his head if something is in his face anyway so I'm not worried.

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
June 7th, 2011, 08:04 PM
CalSara1980's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Charlie has no bumper. I made it into a window valance & wall hangings. She scoots in her sleep & has her face smushed in the corner every morning. She has never woken up from hitting her head, so it can't hurt that bad.

[

June 8th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Breathable bumper here for Liam.
June 8th, 2011, 06:17 PM
threegstyle+1's Avatar Veteran
took bumper off about 2 months in... had to invest in a breathable one because cooper was flipping over on his stomach during the night and getting his legs stuck in the crib slats. it's worked to solve that problem, so far!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search