Very Annoyed!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I pump at work. I have done this since March 1st. I work in a cubicle, so I found a locking office that was unoccupied, spoke to my boss - and let him know I would be using it to pump in.

I pump 3x a day - created a sign that says "ROOM IN USE" hang it on the door, lock the door, and pump. I work in an office with probably about 60 people on the floor. But - I have made it quite clear to most that I use that office to pump in.

YESTERDAY - I went to use it - and a bunch of my teammates were using it to film something on office safety.... 2 work for me, both know I use that office to pump in. There are other places to go.

They left within 15 min, so I went ahead and let them finish up. OH - and my BOSS was in there too! Ok fine - once in 3 months, not a big deal.

Today - I'm in there - about to unpack to start pumping, sign up - light on (frosted glass - you can tell someone is in there) - and I hear a rattle at the door handle. Not once, but twice.

It really p!sses me off - cause once I tense up - I don't produce as much, if I don't produce as much - then my baby doesn't get as much BM - so YOU miss "I can't read a ***** sign" - just messed with my baby. Seriously.

So - now I'm putting a sign up that says "ROOM IN USE - DO NOT DISTURB" when I go in there. I mean seriously. COME ON!

Oh - I made the mistake of putting the sign on the inside of the door too - so other people go in, and put the sign up. NO more - throwing it out, and carting it with me from now on.

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
June 7th, 2011, 04:34 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH Jenny I just take for granted not having to go through all that. I am so sorry people can't respect you more. Keep up the good work pumping though. You're doing such a great thing for Michael.

June 7th, 2011, 08:36 PM
mauiamy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Jenny I feel your pain 100%! I give your credit, especially since you don't have your own private office (but who does these days anyways?)

Everyone in our school knows I pump and just had a baby. The one and ONLY time I can pump is in my classroom at lunch recess. I lock my doors, shut the shutters and dim the lights...it's quite obvious that I'm pumping....same time every day. I can't tell you how many teachers, parents and students I have had who jiggle the door and shout as loud as they can to ask me to open the door cause they have "something important to tell me" I have to then shout and tell them that I'm in the middle of pumping and can't get up and detach. They can always call me or text me, or I know...maybe tell me BEFORE or AFTER I only have 20 mins to sit down, be away from the kids and pump...it's the ONLY break I have where I'm not with the kids.

It's like, I feel guilty enough for going back to work and leaving my baby all day and the LAST thing I want to deal with is being interupted while I'm pumping.

Oh my favorite time was when I was in the middle of pumping and our school nurse starts jiggling my door handle and shouting to me that TWO of my students threw up at lunch and I need to open the door for them so they can get their change of clothes (we have an extra pair in their cubbies just in case this happens)...My poor students had to wait in the nurses office with vomit all over their clothes until I was finished...I felt so so soooo horrible LIKE I DONT FEEL GUILTY ENOUGH AS IT IS??!! ha ha

Anyways, you are doing an amazing job providing for your family and setting a good example for your son that you can have a career and be a good parent. It's so hard I know but your kicking arse...and so is Micheal

Annette Marcel born 1/22/11 8lbs 8oz
June 8th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate pumping at work. I work in a public high school and I have access to a room that has a bathroom in it. I shut and lock bathroom door and pump in a chair. I hate using a bathroom but it is the only thing available. I could try the nurse's office but there are so many boys and girls in and out of there - the last thing I need is for one of them to pull back the curtain on my pumping. I have had people try to get in several times while I am pumping. I have had to leave meetings to pump, etc., and teachers give me looks like I'm just trying to get out of a meeting - no, I would rather not leak all over my shirt thanks! I can't wait until we are done for the summer so I can pump in peace at home (DS will still go to day care because I am writing my dissertation during the day this summer).

February, 2005
August, 2005
June 8th, 2011, 10:33 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is your boss aware that they are required to provide you a locked room to pump in? It makes me grateful for my little computer office with the one armed chair in it. I would be pissed too if someone interrupted me while I'm pumping. Sucks!
June 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well - the room DOES lock - or do you mean they shouldn't have been in there - since that IS the room they provide me to pump in! The thing is - they didn't even provide it. I found it - and claimed it.

My friend at work - pumped in her CAR after she had her babies. She gave up shortly after for all 3 kids - and I think that is what contributed to it. But I don't think she approached anyone and said "I need a room!"

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
June 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate pumping at work! The only room I have access to is a bathroom (truly the only room available). I work in retail and we are short staffed. It is really hard for me to get away to pump most of the time. My co-workers are very understanding, but those customers waiting in line only cares about their wait. work in an area that has some very vocal people. They will stare you down and be yelling from the line. My boss has told me to just go and pump whenever I need to and not to worry about the customers. It is just really hard.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search