I swear...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Jamie0718's Avatar Veteran
I'm going to duct tape Evan's binkie to his face It's really helpful during the day, but it's starting to become a pain for naps and bedtime. I usually feed him and while I'm burping him I let him have it and he falls asleep and then I put him down no problem. Now everytime I put him down even if he's asleep he wakes up screaming for it. I didn't want to get in the habit of him going to bed with it, because he can't hold it in his mouth well enough yet. Not sure what to do, he really wants it but he's waking me up every 20 min so I can give it to him. Anyone else not put their baby to bed with their pacifier?

On a more exciting note, Evan finally rolled over today! 4 times in a row
June 8th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Micah takes one too but for the most part when he falls asleep he lets it fall out, now and again he'll wake fussy after a couple hours and I'll go and pop it back in..

June 8th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Ah... yes, me too! I like to peek in on Liam during the middle of the night and here he was -- regardless of how often I shove that binkie back in, he always returns to his old comfort!

June 8th, 2011, 05:19 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, I thought I was the only one who had had that thought! Sean wakes up quite a few times throughout the night screaming for his paci. Yeah, it's easy to walk down the hall and pop it back in, but man, you still have to wake up enough to get out of bed and grope around in the dark to figure out where it's lying in the crib. Last night one of the times he was trying to suck on his fingers instead, but he just kept doing it too vigorously or something and was gagging himself awake. So for now, that self-soothing technique isnt' quite there...

anyway, long story short, I'm down with the duct tape idea.

June 8th, 2011, 05:27 AM
provosto's Avatar Mommy to Arden!
We tried to get Arden to sleep with a pacifier since they said it was good for SIDS preventative but she just doesn't care for one. She took one a few times for DH but he left for 6 weeks and she stopped. Now I guess that's a good thing!
June 8th, 2011, 06:56 AM
CalSara1980's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was really worried about Charlie becoming dependent on the binky & me having to wake up 80 times a night to put it back in. So far, it seems like she only needs it to fall asleep (and only at nighttime, not naptime), then she lets it drop. Lately she hasn't even wanted the binky at all, so maybe she's weaning herself? I sure hope so!

[

June 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate that stupid binky LOL! He doesn't really like it but he will take it cause it helps him fall asleep easier. I give it to him when he's taking a nap or for bedtime and he has to have it until he's completely asleep and then he will spit it out and not care, if he's still have way asleep he will kind of fuss and turn his head until he gets it back. Sometimes he doesn't even take it though so I hope he'll wean himself of it soon!

Thank you so much for my beautiful siggy Meganpixel!!!

June 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Jamie0718's Avatar Veteran
Evan used to let it just fall out, but now he wakes up for it. I'm weaning the swaddle so I've been leaving his arms out, and I was hoping he'd use his hands to soothe himself. He does it during the day, but I guess he'd rather have the paci at night. He was up 6 times last night. 3 feedings and 3 times wanting to rock and have the paci. I might have to do a little CIO tonight I don't want to, but I can't have him waking up 6 times a night every night. I let him CIO (for like 6 min, lol) a few weeks ago one night and he slept through the night. I think 5-10 min is still as long as I'm willing to let him cry but hopefully it will help. BTW, I only do that after I've been in his room and made sure he's ok and not hungry or uncomfortable.
June 8th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Bellemom06's Avatar Mommy of two princesses
Send a message via AIM to Bellemom06
Thankfully Brooklyn doesn't need her paci to stay asleep. Sometimes she uses it to get to sleep, but when she wakes up in the night, she self soothes with her fingers, and rubbing her hair. She usually only takes the paci when she is super fussy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search