Moms of Toddlers

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2011, 07:58 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you still have a monitor in your toddler's room? If so, what will you do when the new baby is in his/her nursery?
DD sttn, but I still monitor her and I'm not ready to remove it. Her room is across the hall from ours, but I want to monitor her at least until she is in a toddler bed...which may not be anytime soon judging by the way she sleeps.
When Xavier goes into his nursery, he'll obviously need a monitor. I don't know if I should buy another one or what. I just wanted to know what the rest of you are doing.

June 8th, 2011, 08:46 AM
shoppermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of our girls have monitors in their rooms. However, when Abigail is born we will move Emma's monitor into Abigail's room. Emma is now 4 years old---so I don't think she needs a monitor anymore.

Thank you bokkechick for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
June 8th, 2011, 08:51 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
No monitor here. DD is pretty much attached to my hip all the time and the rest of the time she's playing with her brothers, so there's really nothing to monitor.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

June 8th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a monitor in Kaiya's room. She doesn't really need it since she is in a regular bed and will come to our room in the morning when she wakes up. I do like it though for those random nights when she cries. The monitor we have in her room is pretty crappy though. We plan on getting a new monitor with Alaina. Because Alaina will be in our room at first and then in with Kaiya we still only need one. Other wise I would keep the crappy one in Kaiya's room and the new one with Alaina.

June 8th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The twins aren't monitored anymore so I'm just using one of the old ones for bean
June 8th, 2011, 09:04 AM
mlay83's Avatar Loving my boys!
I have a monitor in DS's room-- but I have noooo idea what I'm going to do when this LO gets here???? I need to find one of those dual room monitors with 2 base units thats not terribly expensive. I'll have to look online because in the stores I've only seen ones with 1 base unit with 2 parent monitors- I need the opposite. I hope all that just made sense........

Proud Parents:
Michelle and Cody
June 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We still have monitors in both girls' rooms for night. We keep Anna's door shut because she prefers it that way and Abby's door is open, but I'll go in the basement to work at night, so I like to turn the monitor on so I can still hear her if she wakes up. We're moving the girls into a room together next month, so we'll still only need the 2 monitors, one for thier room and one in our room when we put the baby down to sleep.

If you get another monitor, be sure you get ones that are either on different frequencies or have multiple channels so you don't run into interference.

June 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I don't. They make enough noise at night that I'd never sleep. I may though, since in our new house they'll be downstairs and I'll be upstairs, and Patrick wakes up sometimes still. He fell out of his bed the night before last.

June 8th, 2011, 09:19 AM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still have a monitor in DD's room, but it's a cheap one. The cord to the receiver broke, so it runs off battery power. I don't leave it on at night since she hasn't woke up in the middle of the night in a really long time, and it kills the battery within one night if I do that. She's in a toddler bed, so I turn it on when she goes down for her nap to make sure she's going to sleep and not just playing.

I am definitely getting another one for this baby. Even if I wanted to use DD's, it's such a cheap one, so we're getting a better one this time. I was leaning towards the Angelcare movement and sounds monitor, but now I'm not so sure I want to spend that much money. I need to decide soon though.

June 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I've never had a monitor.
June 8th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have the monitor in DD/DS room because it has a night light. Ds will move to his own room and won't have a monitor, although I need a new night light for him. DD will be sharing with baby, so there'll be a night light in her room. We use it more for daytime naps than night time.
June 8th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Kim
We haven't had one in Jenna's room for over a year because it's been easy to hear her from all over the house. We recently put the one we bought for the baby in her room because we just put her in a toddler bed and moved her into a new room, and it's harder to hear her from downstairs from this new room, plus her door is closed so she can't escape. We'll be taking it out when the baby's born to put in our room so we can hear him from downstairs.

June 8th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We never really used a monitor with Kairi because we had paper thin apartment walls. Our new place the rooms are so close together I don't imagine I won't be able to hear either of the kids. I might set up a monitor in Alexis' room, but I'd easily hear Kairi on it as well.

If you aren't comfortable removing it yet, don't. You can get monitors at a reasonable cost these days, so you could get a second one for Xavier. Though i know there can be interference, check for the ones with multiple channels and I think you'd be okay. Do whatever works for you!
June 8th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Happy Mommy
I got nothing...
June 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aleeya still has a monitor and I'd be lost without it. She sleeps in the room directly next to ours, so I can hear her when she cries. I usually turn the sound portion off, and just use the video portion. I can't imagine when I'll give it up, because I love that if I want to check on her, I just have to look at the monitor. I am leaning toward getting a second one for Ariana.
June 9th, 2011, 12:40 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never used a monitor with Kaitlyn. Our place is pretty small and I'm a VERY light sleeper. I do have an Angel Care monitor, not sure if I'll set it up this time or not.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 9th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haven't used it in ages, maybe since he was 8 or 9 months old. And even then I was just using it for the movement/breathing monitor part (AngelCare). I have no problem hearing him. Our house isn't huge and our bedrooms are right next door to each other. Also I am an extremely light sleeper.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
June 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Veteran
I have a video monitor for DS and I like it because then I can see what he is doing at night and nap. Will keep it and bought another one for the baby room. The kids rooms are upstairs and we are downstairs so it is nice.
June 21st, 2011, 07:06 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I figured it out! X will be in our room in his pnp until we get a good routine. After that, he'll be in his nursery. It occurred to me that with being up and down every three hours checking on X, DD won't really need a monitor because I can just check on her while I'm up. By the time X sttn, DD will be older and in a toddler bed. Problem solved!

June 21st, 2011, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That works!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search