Baby K'Tan vs a Moby Wrap

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Baby K'tan Baby Carrier - infant slings, babywearing, accesories and more!

I have never heard of this brand, but a friend sent it to me when I mentioned being concerned about the Moby being insanely hot this summer. This one looks similar to a Moby, but much less fabric. Any thoughts?

June 8th, 2011, 11:03 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...bywearing.html (Summer babywearing)

June 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That looks really neat!

The only thing that would make the Moby more attractive to me is that you can wrap it to make sure it's the perfect size for you and baby, and in my head that seems safer?

But IDK hat's just theoretical as I've never used either! I have the Moby So I probably shouldnt go buying other wraps hahaha

June 8th, 2011, 11:28 AM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of the women in my PR has that one uses the K'Tan from the birth of her daughter up until lately I think (and our kids are all over two and a half now).

If I was going to get one I'd personally get the K'Tan. I tried the Moby but just couldn't stand all the extra fabric and having to deal with all the hassles.
June 8th, 2011, 02:40 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
That thing looks more like a traditional backpack carrier. I refuse to use anything that uses my shoulders to bear most of the weight, which is why I am getting a Moby. I would rather deal with the extra fabric, then spend money on something that I would more than likely hate.

June 8th, 2011, 02:41 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
You could always buy your own lightweight fabric and make your own Moby... there are tons of directions online... cause all it is is essentially just a big piece of fabric....

June 8th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
I made my own moby for this baby but I have a K'tan from DD2 and i LOVED IT... i need to get one for this little guy b/c mines pink and Im pretty sure DH wouldnt appreciate me wearing him in a pink carrier!

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
June 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM
i had a moby that i got as a gift as well as a k'tan. personally, the moby is just way too intimidating! i can tell right away that i am not going to be a wrapper, lol. i love the k'tan because it was easy for me to put on really quick and it seems lighter. like it so far.
June 21st, 2011, 10:06 AM
mishymama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard good things about the K'tan but never seen one IRL. I use a pouch sling for the NB days, then swap to my Beco. The Moby was just way too hot for me although it was comfy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search