Healthy snack options!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Randijo2's Avatar Mommy of 4
Share them here! Snacking is my worst enemy!! Right now I have nutrigrain bars, light yogurt, and fruit. I need to remember all my healthy snacks I use to eat...

Other ideas: baked tortilla chips w/ salsa, 100 calorie packs, carrots, granola bars, dry cereal....

June 9th, 2011, 10:44 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popcorn (lite, or pop your own and go lite on the butter/salt)

June 9th, 2011, 02:00 PM
*Kristina's Avatar Miss Mommy
Rice cakes! The plain ones are kinda blah, but there are so many flavors now that I am actually liking them!

June 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
I def need healthy snack options!! I'm being so horrible here. I like fruit but find it hard to force myself to eat it bc it doesn't.. satisfy me lol. Lately i just eat a bunch of quaker granola bars I drink plenty of water, just need to find some more satisfying healthier snacks!

June 10th, 2011, 08:48 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
pita chips and hummus

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 16th, 2011, 10:21 AM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
pita chips and hummus
Yum!!!!!!! I am part arabic and my mom used to make homemade hummus (my dad taught her) and I loooove this stuff!!!!!!

Idk what it is but after I had the baby I CRAVE peanut butter. I eat some close to everyday with crackers or graham crackers. I do need to try it in celery though! Never have!
June 16th, 2011, 05:16 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva_luvs_dave View Post
Yum!!!!!!! I am part arabic and my mom used to make homemade hummus (my dad taught her) and I loooove this stuff!!!!!!

Idk what it is but after I had the baby I CRAVE peanut butter. I eat some close to everyday with crackers or graham crackers. I do need to try it in celery though! Never have!
i love peanut butter, but its so many WW points...5 points for 2T.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 27th, 2011, 01:03 PM
eat lots of fruit. can't go wrong with watermelon and grapes. But if you want something salty or crunch, I suggest unsalted baked chips. 100 calorie packs are ok, but I end up eating several packs at a time. Another thing you can try are carrots and hummus. yum!
June 28th, 2011, 04:15 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyedme04 View Post
I def need healthy snack options!! I'm being so horrible here. I like fruit but find it hard to force myself to eat it bc it doesn't.. satisfy me lol. Lately i just eat a bunch of quaker granola bars I drink plenty of water, just need to find some more satisfying healthier snacks!
Same here!! I can eat a whole lot of fruit salad and be starving again in 20 minutes. I like to snack on string cheese and small salads.

August 2nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
LuvMyLwAaMr's Avatar *Heather*
I'm a little late on responding but I like to snack on pepperoni, cheese, and crackers... turkey pepperoni (tastes just like the regular stuff without all the grease!), special k crackers, and reduced fat cheese... and you get some protein, dairy, and whole grains! For a heavier snack I like the special K protein bars.

August 2nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
Leah W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyLwAaMr View Post
I'm a little late on responding but I like to snack on pepperoni, cheese, and crackers... turkey pepperoni (tastes just like the regular stuff without all the grease!), special k crackers, and reduced fat cheese... and you get some protein, dairy, and whole grains! For a heavier snack I like the special K protein bars.
Cheese is my favorite too. I prefer the cheese sticks so I don't eat a ton of it. Also, stovetop popcorn like Bobbi suggested - you can get a HUGE bowl of it for like 300 calories. Cottage cheese and triscuits are good too.

August 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
2 tomato & basil rice cakes with 1/2 a wedge of light laughing cow cheese spread over each. Total cals is 110

August 2nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
astrobaby's Avatar Veteran
I'm a vegetarian transitioning to vegan.

Lately I've been sticking with:

Homemade hummus & carrots
Banana smoothie (1 banana w/ maybe some oats, lemon juice, and lots of water)
Kale chips w/ nutritional yeast

Tags
may 11 shrinking bees

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search