Weight Watchers

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2011, 01:04 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
On Monday, I'll be starting WW w/ Dh. I don't know if it's the right time or not, but I need to do something. I need to lose a whole lot of weight, about 80lbs and need some direction for it, so WW it is! I'm only doing the online version, not going to meetings at this point. If I feel I need the meetings, then I'll start going.

Has any one done WW?
Was it successful for you?
How long did you do it for?
What was your favorite things to eat?
Anything specific I need to know about doing WW?

June 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Randijo2's Avatar Mommy of 4
Has any one done WW? I have done WW. That is how I lost 60lbs. But I did it on my own and just counted points. In the past I had lost 30lbs and went to meetings and then quit and gained it all back.
Was it successful for you? I guess I just answered that above. It is successful if you STICK with it and learn a whole new lifestyle from it. Because that's what it's about. Anyone can do a crash diet and lose weight... but as soon as they stop they gain all the weight back. The key is to learn new eating habits!
How long did you do it for? I can't really remember
What was your favorite things to eat? Any kind of snacks that were 2 points. I also liked WW yogurt. When I worked fulltime I ate lots of lean cuisines.
Anything specific I need to know about doing WW? I'm not real sure, but they do have lots of new ways of doing things now so I'm kind of out of the loop. I just find it helpful for the counting points part.

June 10th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Mommy to Lil Miss Boss
Has any one done WW? Yep I have

Was it successful for you? Yes

How long did you do it for? About 9 months, lost 50 lbs

What was your favorite things to eat? Smart ones and Weight Watchers snack cakes

Anything specific I need to know about doing WW?

I don't about the new program but with the old program you have to be diligent at keeping track of your points "If you bite it, write it" is what they taught me. I personally would also always start my new week on a Friday, because the weekends were particularly hard for me since I was home all day and this was when I was most likely to eat fast food. So by starting my week off at the end of the week, it was like tricking myself to believe I had more points, since I essentially had ALL 35 of my flex points. Most people start diets on Mondays, I say you should start it on a day that works best for you.

You should also know that you don't NEED to go to the meetings, I mean you can if you need the moral support. But I am not very fond of the semi public weigh ins, thats between me and the scale LOL! I just purchased the tools I needed (Dining guide, Daily food guide, points slider) and took it from there after researching what the plan was about. Or you can go the online route......whatever works for you.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
June 12th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Thanks ladies!! I think I'm going to sign up today. Got a food order being delivered and ordered a bunch of fruits and veggies. I even weighed myself this morning Can't wait to see the weight come off!

June 13th, 2011, 09:26 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam and I signed up for ww tonight!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 14th, 2011, 06:36 AM
So, Dh and I joined on Sunday. I get 29 points a day, which I seem to come really close to by dinner time and that's with not eating much. I have to remember my zero point foods and eat them more! I have plenty of fruit in the house, it's just having the time to eat it.

DH gets 68 points a day!! HOLY CRAP! On Sunday, after we ate dinner, DH still had enough points remaining for dessert than I did for my whole day! I'm jealous of his points, but know he has to work hard to get to that amount, so it's all good.

I have a question... What happens if I or DH don't eat our full amount of points for the day? I know they don't get carried over or anything, but will our daily points be adjusted after the first week? Or do we just lose those points?

June 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM
i get 52 points a day? that seems like so many?? and i have 49 splurge points?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
June 15th, 2011, 05:56 AM
I think everyone gets the 49 splurge points, it's a set amount. Since you're breastfeeding, you get more points for the day cause it burns more calories. I'm sure if I exercised I would get more points, I'm just too tired to even THINK about exercise.

June 15th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Sam gets 59 points

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Tags
may 11 shrinking bees

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search